Christianity chatter

Robin Hood seems like a nice guy. Might have faked his archery stunts, though.

Whatever he wrote, I would take it with salt. :2cents:

1 Like

So what would you say Jesus was?

Reality is often quite simple.

At the bare minimum, a guy who chewed out religious leaders in public, with relish.

Very not nice, that.

1 Like

It’s a Jewish thing. You know–“two Jews, three opinions.”

He got really personal. Called them names.

He was condemning the hypocrisy and self righteousness and enhancing his own popularity from what little records we have.

His message…
"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind” and “Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself” and that outward compliance of the law was secondary seems cool to me.

He called out assholes and believed in the inner good guiding our relationships with others. That’s the very definition of a good dude.

Originally you said historical records are of no significance but now you are quoting them (lol), secondly there was a mass of records not a little amount as you said, and most within 70 years of his death which for the age is considered very close. Make your mind up “dude” (dude being how you choose to address Jesus). You begin by making a ridiculously simplified statement in your first post, something like "Jesus was just a nice "dude"to now quoting a historically recorded quote (which you originally said mean nothing ) to try and dig yourself out of your own hole (or resurrect yourself).

:rofl The troll will reply fast

Claiming some dude to be the son of God and stating his basic beliefs based on historical accounts are quite different things. It’s pretty obvious who’s trolling.

Never once in this thread have I claimed that. You said historical accounts do not count. You’re trolling , why are you even in the thread what’s the relevance of your posts to the original post anyway. You can start a new thread called “Jesus was just a nice dude man”

Are you not a “fellow Christian”?
The OP makes it seem so, but the question could have been rhetorical.
If you are, then you claim Jesus was extraordinary and extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.
Claiming some dude had some good teachings isn’t very extraordinary so limited historical accounts probably suffice.

Look, I know many Christians get rattled when people laugh at their beliefs, but you are free to join the dark side and my awesome cult of you ever wish. I can give you a BTC address for donations if you’d like.

Going off on tangents is welcome here.

Just don’t call him nice. That’s an uncalled for insult.

How about anti-hypocritical righteous warrior bastard?

That’s better.

I like your style.

Which were written by his anonymous but ideologically-charged followers, a generation or more after the fact, based on oral traditions (think “urban legends”), midrash, and wholesale incorporation of earlier texts. His opponents probably thought he was a self-righteous hypocrite.

This is from Rabbi Hillel. It looks like the evangelists borrowed earlier bits of popular wisdom like this, and placed them in the mouth of their protagonist. They also borrowed the miracles of Elisha.

At least you’re not trying to give Obama credit.

His teachings were just a mix of two Jewish sects from what I’ve read.

Kinda the “good artists borrow, great artists steal” vibe going on. Didn’t make the message bad though.