Coming soon to Taiwan? Rise of xenophobia towards Westerners

Sorry. I might have been a bit unclear. There is no law or directive asking businesses to require passport usage.

3 Likes

people in someoneā€™s home are supposed to follow the rules set for the home, regardless of they are residents or guests.

2 Likes

it could be a false rumor?

I was kind of implying you cant likeā€¦

Force someone to do illegal or immoral things just cause you are in their home.

I meant people in Taiwan should follow the rules of Taiwan, and Taiwanā€™s rules say discrimination is illegal in a fluffy way.

4 Likes

I completely agree with you. Except that I think an explanation is good to have so you donā€™t end up hating everyone. Chinese were attacked all over the world also, itā€™s not a local problem to me.

Well-said, ha.

2 Likes

I sometimes learn a new word here.

1 Like

I looked at their post again and it seems in the Chinese version they donā€™t mention being told to do it by the government, but in the English version they do say that. Makes it seem more like some lame excuse :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Why did a mod change the name of my post to include what is ethnicity ? The thread may have derailed a bit but thatā€™s not my original title.

1 Like

It would be better to split wouldnā€™t it. Lot of work.

Not a mod. Any regular can change the title.

1 Like

it wonā€™t become like this anytime soon in Taiwan.

Well someone change it back. Donā€™t need this thread hijacked

Steady on there Nigel.

2 Likes

No. Itā€™s just the boss attempting to say whatever they can to reach their objective.

@slawa

Where are you getting this pie graph? Please provide a link, unless your making it yourself.

I posted it last time:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve yet to knowingly experience racism against white people. Iā€™m not the sort who tolerates someone spraying my clothes before entering a supermarket, which might have an impact. The way people carry themselves is significant IMO

I asked my daughter whether sheā€™s experienced anything at school and she said that some boys from a different grade were teasing her in her magic class. She doesnā€™t want me to sort it out, though.

Iā€™m sure racism is there. It is everywhere. I just donā€™t consider it to be a significant issue.

2 Likes

Yeah, I misinterpreted this when I originally considered changing it back. Restored original. Better yet, ā€œWesternerā€ seems to reflect it most accurately. Uhh I also split this.