Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

That’s not the key point at all. It’s simply the ‘look over here’ trick that the magician is pulling to distract you from the actual point, viz., virtually nobody is actually dying of COVID-19. If you ain’t dead, that’s a win.

Like I said, he isn’t lying. He’s just playing sillybuggers with the numbers, for God knows what reason.

Ok dude. Just don’t take the vaccine. Don’t take any vaccine or medicine ever. Let your immune system only work.

Safe to say stay away from others. You won’t be welcome without a vaccine in many places esp travel.

The gist of your post is that the sharply rising number of cases in Canada—attributable to the new variants taking hold, and happening at the same time as vaccine roll-out, which should be slowing things down—is to be dismissed or viewed as a bizarre conspiracy.

I simply think you are wrong in taking this frankly odd position, and I will leave it at that.

Guy

No, that isn’t the gist of my post. I’m challenging you to look at the numbers and consider what they mean, instead of uncritically absorbing whatever spews out of the shit pipe.

“Should be slowing things down”. LOL. What does that tell you about the real-world vaccine efficacy?

Meanwhile, what does a rising caseload, and a constant low death rate, tell you about the virulence of the new variants?

I am absolutely astounded at the continued theme here that looking at hard data from reliable authorities amounts to being a conspiracy theorist.

Leave it at that if you wish. Don’t stop believin!

2 Likes

I am stating that your focus on deaths now is off the mark.

The point is the rise in cases.

Bye for now~

Guy

Indeed. No need to worry about whether people are dying or not. Completely irrelevant.

And nobody else does.

Oh, and stating something makes it true. Great argument. Foolproof, in fact.

I’ll see what new conspiracies I can come up with for the next episode! I promised myself I’d stay away from this trainwreck of a thread, but it’s like watching a bad horror movie. I have to keep peeping through my fingers to see what bizarre crap is going to pop up next.

Who killed JFK?

Asiatic flu of 1963 after he visited england. You didn’t get the memo?

Fauci talked about testing and 35 cycles + making them flawed, (UK is 35 if I remember).
This is never questioned by the partizan media or others. I would like to see this data presented whenever countries say cases are ‘going up’.

In response to the sharp rise in cases, Ontario in Canada is heading into a four week “shutdown” effective April 3. It’s not a good scene.

Guy

2 Likes

Seems complains in Canada are the same as many parts of the world: slow vaccine rollout, opening up without proper precautions, not adequate tracing/isolation…

Tucker Carlson unveils dastardly government scheme to imprison Canadians in internment camps.

What if your next-door neighbor suddenly went dangerously insane and started holding people hostage in his house? Would you consider that threatening? Would you even notice? These aren’t theoretical questions. Something very much like that just happened in our neighborhood.
On Monday, the country’s prime minister, Justin Trudeau, outlined his government’s new corona regulations. Canadians hoping to return to their country must be tested before and after takeoff, he said, adding: “If your test results come back positive, you’ll need to immediately quarantine in designated government facilities. This is not optional.”
Suddenly, Canada is a flagrant violator of the most basic human rights. Fail a COVID test and they’ll lock you up without trial. Go ahead and try to disobey. According to the Canadian government, anyone who attempts to avoid detention in a government internment facility could face a million-dollar fine and three years in prison.

(Translation from wingnut to normie speech: ‘Internment facility’ =‘hotel room’.)

I wonder which one of Tucker’s many fans here will inform him the Taiwan government has been undertaking such evil steps for months?
Covid deaths
Taiwan- 10
US- 550,000
Canada- 23,000
Deaths per million:
US- 1678
Canada- 614
Taiwan- 0.00…I’m not going to even bother calculating.

2 Likes

As per our previous conversation, just highlighting this for people who don’t have a limitless supply of Kool-aid.

Incidentally, I’d suggest Mr Ford there might want to sort out his health issues if he wants to improve his own chances: he’s a handful of years older than me, but looks two decades older and 30kg heavier. Wearing his blue magic talisman isn’t foolproof.

Foolish hyperbole I agree, particularly since quarantine is only(?) for those testing positive; but it’s not remarkably more nonsensical than the “we’re all going to die” brigade.

Not that that’s any excuse, of course. Just saying that it’s descending into farce on both sides of the aisle.

Since when did Hollywood douchebags become public health experts? Do they really think people will take them seriously? :thinking:

1 Like

I assume this is a rhetorical question? :slight_smile:

Of course. Never attribute to malice what can be explained by narcissism.

2 Likes

Here is one to trigger the haters:

I did a bit of reading about this. Same sort of thing is happening in the UK: there are some rumblings about businesses needing to “upgrade” this that and the other in order to comply with new COVID-19 “safety” rules (which will presumably be enforced by thugs from Trading Standards). Very little of it has any scientific or rational basis, but, well … ka-ching!

Incidentally, re. my latest conspiracy theory that the main purpose of lockdowns is to transfer productive assets from the middle classes to the 0.1%:

1 Like

That’s Cake level stuff there.

You can’t argue with Google!

Who do you suppose is searching for UK businesses for sale, and for what purpose? Why is it top of the list? Do you have an alternative theory? Perhaps people are just curious how many of their neighbourhood businesses have gone into administration?