Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Feb-Mar 2022

FFS. That’s a Sajid Javid level of complete lack of self-awareness.

I’m sure there are a few people who will vote for him because of his “strictness”. I’m pretty sure most will want to see him run out of town on a rail by the time he “sees the light”.

3 Likes

As usual, Chen was railroaded into this answer.

1 Like

Maybe, but this speculation didn’t appear in a vacuum.

He’s been taking reporters’ questions for 2 years. He’s a veteran at it. No railroading.

See the video. He is answering something else, going hmm hmm and does a double take.

At least it is revealing that the so called reporters are more focused in politics than the actual current pandemic situation in Taiwan.

2 Likes

4 + 66 = 70 and zero deaths.

24 of the 66 tested positive at the Airport, the rest tested positive in Quarantine.

7 Likes

Currently of concern there is the Buddhist KTV cluster, still in the development stage. So far, so good with the others.

4 Likes

Buddhist KTV, imagine. And at Partyworld.

2 Likes

They may be Buddhist—but they are also Taiwanese. :upside_down_face:

Guy

3 Likes

“Ēmítuófó”, “Ēmítuófó”, “Ēmítuófó”, “Ēmítuófó” …

1 Like

Still a better song than hyper hyper :rofl:

But seriously. I need to look more into the Corona news, seems to be entertaining stuff happening.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Negative aspects of quarantine in Taiwan

I think today is the day where I no longer believe this Omicron outbreak will explode. I think they’ve actually managed to pull it off. Honestly amazing.

9 Likes

Yes, it is amazing. But we’re only delaying the inevitable. I’m very close to wanting that to happen sooner than later. I think maybe 50% booster rate is a good time for that to happen!

2 Likes

Nothing is inevitable in this pandemic. The virus might just give up. Take that midnight train to Georgia.

3 Likes

Really? If that’s a possible scenario then I may need to change my stance. I assumed that a sweeping through the population (all populations) must occur first before these viruses burn out.

Not Taiwan. We are the Jose Mourinho of epidemic prevention.

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning for months now to learn more about how the 1918+ pandemic ended. Was there anywhere that just managed to avoid it? To open the doors a year or two later, “Hey guys, what’s up?”, and all was well for them because the virus had just stopped spreading?

1 Like

I think it didn’t stop spreading, it mutated into a virtually harmless variant.

4 Likes

If there were such a population, they would be immunologically naive and would therefore experience rapid spread. However as BD said it may well have mutated by that point into something inherently less dangerous.

There almost certainly were such places, but they were probably ignored/undocumented precisely because they were isolated enough to avoid the epidemic.

EDIT: there are a few articles on the internet:

"American Samoa implemented a five-day quarantine for all boats that kept influenza from its shores until 1920. When it finally did arrive, the virus appears to have lost much of its sting and there were no deaths attributed to influenza in a population of more than 8,000. The main island of Samoa to the northwest, however, lost around a fifth of its population to the pandemic.

A similar story unfolded on the on the Australian island of Tasmania, which implemented strict quarantine measures for boats arriving on its shores that required all passengers and crew to be isolated for seven days. When the infection penetrated the island in August 1919, medical officers reported that it was a milder infection than that on the mainland."

8 Likes