Coronavirus - Taiwan Developments Jan. 2022

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - 2022

Effective immediately, masks must be worn when engaging in the following activities:

Exercising
Singing
Taking photos
Live-streaming
Recording video
Hosting
Reporting
Giving a speech
Lecturing
Taking part in the filming of activities that involve discussions or interviews

Masks are not required in the following situations

but should be kept on hand and should still be worn if experiencing symptoms or when unable to maintain a social distance from strangers:

• Agriculture, forestry, fishery, and animal husbandry workers in open areas, such as fields, fish farms, and forests
  • Activities in the mountains, forests (including forest recreation areas), and seaside activities
  • Hot/cold springs, saunas, spas, steam rooms, water activity venues, and other situations in which a mask could get wet
  • When it is necessary to eat or drink when going out
  • Places or activities designated by the CECC or the competent authority, if relevant anti-epidemic measures are met
10 Likes

For some reason I have a bad feeling about today’s number. Dunno why, just got the suspicion that case numbers have exploded.

2 Likes

We already pretty much know it’s around 30. The count is yesterdays count remember.

1 Like

Well actually we don’t know that. Unless you’re privy to information the rest of us aren’t.

Yes, have to prevent those live streamers from digitally transmitting their Omicron…

This government seems going nuts. Looking at China and looking at Europe and South Africa should suffice to see which solution works and which caused huge trouble and disturbance - and which will cause way more deaths.

2 Likes

I’m just privy to the fact my weiya is canceled which could only because the cases are increasing.

Europe is suffering way more deaths than China…

Who knows the truth? Like Xi would let anyone know true death counts anyway.

3 Likes

This is meant to those live streamers running around outside with their smartphones.

2 Likes

I must have missed something. What government announcements are nuts? All I’ve noticed so far is masking regulations.

1 Like

Are you even seeing the news of people dying in front of hospitals in Xian not letting them inside because of not being PCR tested? All the people who die indirectly from lockdown.

Lockdowns killl loads of people in the long run. Its more after than during the lockdowns when they will die.

1 Like

Please link to those reports.

One dead baby I think, maybe two.

Im not defending China but they know how to keep a virus at bay if nothing else.

2 Likes

Do you actually trust China’s figures?

You just answered your own question.

1 Like

6 + 26 = 32 and no deaths. Big Numbers ???

EDIT - No updates on CDC website yet.

5 Likes

Dammit. I’ve been lied to. Why the hell are they cancelling my Weiya?

3 Likes

More cash remains in Boss pockets.

I dunno, I’d say this is a double good-news story for you.

4 Likes

There are loads of flights still from China to Taiwan and we rarely rarely have any cases from China. I use that to judge situation in China

2 Likes