Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

I guess this really illustrates the foil between TW and China, where in the latter, the media just serves as little more than a gov mouthpiece…

Like they keep saying how Tsai government doesn’t want Fosun’s name on the bottle so therefore causing the BNT vaccines to arrive in 3 months instead of right now, because how they have to relabel the stuff and all that.

Yeah or that the vaccines coming to Taiwan are from Shenzhen,but BNT only manufacture in Europe

By the way it seems anyone can donate money to CTI news (because they not being allowed on regular TV anymore and all that) and basically have pro China statements appear on the channel of your choosing.

One said “Taiwan and China are the same country”.

1 Like
1 Like

I brought this up with a Taiwanese friend, about how the media is just full of conspiracies and “dark secret inside stories” and they said thats because its what people enjoy reading.

2 Likes

Are museums open everywhere now?
Then again idk how I would get there if no buses lol

That should get you the answer

6 Likes

For anyone who is with Fitness Factory and is wondering whether to keep paying membership: you may have received a txt telling you that it’s possible to cancel for one month using their app.

Download from the Play store, log in using your national ID number and birthdate, and then just click through the big banner on the main page. Press the ‘agree’ button and you’re done.

You have until the 16th to get it done, apparently.

TBH though, that sounds like something TW would do.

Pandemic aside, that sounds awesome. You could see all the exhibits without dealing with huge crowds of people jostling in front of you. It’s like a museum lover’s dream.

5 Likes

What if they make the bottles with “PRC” imprinted on the glass ?

#TaiwanCanWait

And even then, it’ll be fully vaxxed before you come over.

Hello. I’m speaking to you from the future. Don’t be stupid like us and take off the masks just because you reach 70% vaccination levels. Keep them on. On June 30 we went from 90+ percent of people wearing masks to near zero wearing masks since. Thirteen days later our daily case rate spiked to 340, a number not seen since early June.

Over and out.

4 Likes

But almost all of those cases are in people who are unvaxxed.

If the people who are unvaxxed want to take off their masks, let them. Some will get sick, and some will die. That’s just Darwin working his magic.

1 Like

True dat. The only problem is I’m trying to get back to Taiwan for business purposes and my flight was just cancelled out from under me. I’m hoping Taiwanese people have more sense than Americans.

Not sure I really see the point of this comment. TW and the US are in two very different places right now because of vaccines.

Mask wearing was much lower in TW leading up to the outbreak, and there was almost no social distancing in places where it counts (restaurants etc.).

Problem with requiring vaxxed people to wear masks is that if they don’t see that getting vaxxed makes like more normal, some people won’t see the point of getting vaxxed.

This is delusional stuff. Do you seriously think you can predict the future from one data point?

I posted a proper analysis of the situation this morning. There is no ‘spike’. There might be at some point - who knows? Right now, there is not.

2 Likes

How come you couldn’t wait? You got your Moderna already.

I have a better hashtag…

#OysterOmeletCantWaitButHeWantsYouTo

4 Likes