Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Maybe the incentive could be to protected their friends, families and other people in the country by not spreading the virus…?

2 Likes

This is going to backfire, just like in Taiwan how physicians are seemingly being sued for manslaughter when a patient already in bad condition dies.

Without PCR tests, how is a small clinic going to diagnose COVID?

Maybe read the article. It says refer a patient to a COVID designated hospital (disclaimer, I didn’t read the article)

I wonder how well that’s working out in practice, and if people are afraid of being put in a government quarantine room to go get tested

3 Likes

It says primary healthcare facilities. Usually this means clinics. But regardless where this takes place, even at a COVID designated hospital, that sounds harsh to fine physicians who are trying their best when their hands are already tied from lack of available testing.

262 + 5 imported + 65 backlog today!

10 Likes

I have no idea who these “we” are, and what these “we” do need. It was a reply to @Brianjones, and it appears that he has no problem with the understanding of it.

I feel guilty “liking” this post. I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing.

1 Like

You’re giving some of the doctors at the clinics way too much credit.

They literally don’t have to do any testing. They just make a referral. It’s as easy as writing a prescription for antibiotics and omeprazole.

3 Likes

Backlog reduced to 25000!

Yes, that’s why I’m saying. They do not do any testing because their hands are tied. The CECC is discourages testing unless you’re seriously ill. So what do you think happens when you make a referral?

That incentive doesn’t work because it is too easy to push the blame somewhere else.

1 Like

2 Likes

13 deaths

in hindsight, this would have been a useful custom title…

1 Like

What insight into Taiwanese culture do you have that will help the rest of us to understand their behaviors better.

The word infection seems to have more than one sense:

Merriam-Webster, “infection”

Oxford English Dictionary, Vol. 5 (h-k), “infection”

Ibid.

You knew it had to happen eventually…to be honest I’m surprised it took this long.
American guy without mask got warned, later found smoking. Complains that he can’t breathe with the mask on.

https://udn.com/news/story/7320/5498732?fbclid=IwAR0358YB0DKkbwJfU602MWiVqtNrZ-7hZoxjw83KgMeXCVkrtJ9jtEkLg8w

3 Likes
  1. This is outside the scope of this thread.
  2. I’m not going to write a book in any near future.
  3. Please feel free to create a new topic, or PM, or search this forum for “that statement”, whatever suits you best.
  4. Thanks

Throats should definitely be discouraged from flying out of people’s mouths to explore the countryside. Selfish and irrational throats should be barred from all flight.

9 Likes