Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Hope he enjoys the fame.

:bulb:

4 Likes

Deport all Americans. Every single one of you. He has brought great shame upon you all. :turkey:

8 Likes

So you have zero insight. Thank you.

You need a prescription for antibiotics and omeprazole?

“You just don’t understand Taiwanese culture” is a fairly old expression on this board; I think it’s usually meant humorously/ironically:

7 Likes

By the way: over in the Typhoon thread there is the ultimate answer to “who/what is to blame for the sudden deterioration in the COVID19 situation”:

5 Likes

Gotta say, it’s noticeably upbeat today in Taipei, more cars, more bikes, more people out and about, even saw people walk around with drinks in hand (100% wearing facemasks), people chilling under trees, etc. And first time all pandemic I have seen so many wearing glasses or face shield combos. I think it’s ok, people need a day walking in the sun for mental health and Vitamin D and it appears they are all taking extra precautions. Seems the past couple weeks of staying indoors have had a significant impact. Feeling proud of Taiwan today, things feel under control and the weather is great after a long day of needed rain yesterday (even more good news)

Case numbers are leveling out, and back logs are coming down. Yes, there are still deaths to mourn and there will be more, but in a short time it looks like we have collectively prevented a much worse scenario.

Keep going Taiwan! We are crushin’ it!

8 Likes

How about grandpa last night, going through garbage cans without a mask and police just stopping meters away and don’t give a damn.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can reasonably expect homeless people to wear masks 24 hours a day.

The police know that

2 Likes

I guess he was looking for a used mask.

3 Likes

We had something like that back in March of last year. I’m not trying to downplay what you posted, not at all; it’s just that these events seem to add to the oddness and mystery of the thing. I don’t know how common or uncommon these kinds of events are. I think the below is a reprint of an article that was originally published in Focus Taiwan, which I guess sort of parallels CNA:

“COVID-19 patient had contact with over 400 people: CECC,” Intellasia East Asia News, March 31, 2020

I think this Chinese-language CNA article says about as much as the above article:

3 Likes

In March, Taiwan was basically COVID-free, so it’s somewhat understandable that doctors don’t assume a “cold” is actually COVID. Since Level-2 and Level-3 were started, that should no longer be the case…

3 Likes

They shouldn’t assume anything. That’s the problem with docs here just throw a bag of pills at people.

4 Likes

He has diarrhea and all the other stuff and yet he decides it’s a good idea to get out.

4 Likes

Is amazing. If I had the flu the last place I would want to be is outside in public.

3 Likes

Also, the man already had respiratory disease, and I guess that interfered with the diagnosis. I left that part out because I felt I might have already copied too much of the article.

1 Like

cry_blackpink

6 Likes

Just posting this to make sure that everyone knows that I didn’t personally author the quotes attributed to me above, that the quotes are from a news article.