Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

I can teach you how to aim.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, in other news… :grimacing:

6 Likes

China reports the first human case of bird flu strain #H10N3 in the world. Health authorities played down the outbreak, saying the case was a “sporadic” virus transmission

What could possibly go wrong?

giphy

7 Likes

Do you think Visas will reopen 18th June then?

Who’s ready for round 2 pandemic? 🥲

1 Like

What did I say? That what happens twice then happens thrice?

BUT NOT THIS SOON, PLEASE!!! :rant:

3 Likes

If I have the shitters I don’t go out.

1 Like

What? They are still open?

3 Likes

Here in the red zone they were open on an appointment, one customer at a time basis.

I was so tempted. Now I understand those memes making fun of how we look without beauty parlors.

Seriously, hair can be covered with a bandana. Nails…if not cut by a professional, there can be health consequences.

I’ve been clipping my own nails for years with no adverse consequences. :thinking:

6 Likes

I had the same thought earlier today when an acquaintance posted a selfie from a hairdressers on Facebook - I was a bit surprised those were still open.

It does seem like a lot more people going out today - maybe a bit premature…

The hairdresser down the street from us is still open.

I also noticed more people oot and aboot today in downtown Taipei.

History tends to repeat itself. Spanish Flu of 1918, Asian Flu of 1957, and Covid 2019

Each of these previous flu pandemic took 3 years to recover and killed more than 4 million people world wide. Covid 19 is 18 months into the pandemic and had already tallied 3.5million death. We maybe at the half way mark with 18 more months to go as new variants are spreading from India, UK, South Africa, and Brazil. Hope vaccines can drastically shorten the course of Covid19. The world economy cannot endure another 18 more months of lock down.

1 Like

Soon to come the roaring 20’s

:confused: :confused: :confused: Are you referring to people or dogs?! If the former please do explain!

1 Like

I agree with both parts.

Guy

I went out along Keelung road in Xinyi to gas the scooter. Noticed the number 1 bus had 1 rider. Lots of cars and scooters on the streets. My first venture out of my neighborhood in 2 weeks. New normal is depressing.

2 Likes

Under the new rules which begin June 12, returning pilots and flight crew members who are not vaccinated will be subject to a five-day home quarantine and a 9-day self-health monitoring period. People under self-health management must wear surgical masks at all times, take their temperature twice a day, and avoid visits to public places and large-scale events.

https://en.rti.org.tw/news/view/id/2005467?fbclid=IwAR2j3k2xu7XVRUv4w3VVCoV_a_4wqSY1QlCizRN74-H2qajWKq6Q11v-0xA

8 Likes

I am surprised the local expat Americans haven’t expressed their concerns to the American Institute in Taiwan. It’s about time Federal Government begin supplying the AIT clinic with vaccines to American citizens living in Taiwan. Taiwan’s government cannot source vaccines quickly enough to keep up with local demands. American life matters, it is time to write to the AIT to ask for help.

3 Likes

I had to run around Taipei today, leaving my neighborhood for the first time in two weeks. Everything still looks quiet to me. Parking was no problem at all.

I thought it might be the iLearn guy, but he’s not that thin. I bet it’s a friend, though.

Lesson learned: nothing

Have they done that in any of the really badly hit countries? If they’ve not done it there, they won’t do it here, and if they start, you’ll still be down the list a ways.

3 Likes