Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Who woulda thunk?

1 Like

Just limit yourself to one walk a day say 8am to 8pm
and don’t forget the bead and milk on the way home.

3 Likes

Today people started breaking some of these taboos but in a responsible way in the neighbourhood. I saw folks playing catch with kids , football (not sure about that one as they are not family ), cycling, exercising.

Everything taped off but folks just get out there anyway.
I expect maximum 'fear of doing anything outdoors ’ will end this week and things will start to slacken further.

1 Like

where ya walking to, wanhua?

2 Likes

TLDR not enough data

I live at the bottom of a mountain. I’ve actually noticed a considerable increase in the number of walkers/ hikers. I hope the numbers don’t keep increasing.

There’s only so long people can be restricted from doing exercise and getting out to nature.

6 Likes

This is why i always think the short but drastic lockdown is better than the half measures that seem to drag out for ever.

3 Likes

People are not restricted from doing exercise outside with a mask.

1 Like

depends on the area and the excersise

2 Likes

The Government will wait until the figures are down to zero then wait another 6 weeks before lifting restrictions such is the level of paranoia here. 200 cases a day should be easily manageable. This is the fifth week where is the spread to the rest of the island? Oh this last weekend might have done the job to a certain extent.

Makes it sound inevitable

Yep, I can see one of the riverside paths from my place. Was going to take the kids out earlier, luckily had a look down first as it’s completely mental. I’m all for people getting out in the sunshine however it looked like Black Friday down there earlier.

2 Likes

There’s a whole thread about this and the “not enough data” excuse:

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/effectiveness-or-otherwise-of-ivermectin-for-early-covid-treatment

You guys are funny.
So overly dramatic.

Taiwan is not locked down.
You are not restricted to your home.
You are free to go on walks, ride a bike, go for a jog, kick a ball around with the kids, etc.

As long as the place you do it isn’t taped off, you are fine. Wear a mask, avoid the mid day sun and get some fresh air.

I take the kids out twice a day to ride their bikes, foot scooters, play some catch, let them run around. Nobody says boo to me. In fact neighbors see us playing and come join us.

7 Likes

Just make sure you’re not in a group of ten or more! :upside_down_face:

Guy

1 Like

Which gets at one of my biggest concerns about the tape. So much of the yellow tape is idiotic and can be safely (if not legally) ignored - which then makes people think other policies and guidelines are also idiotic and can be ignored.

2 Likes

Nah, we keep our distance and they keep theirs. If it looks like it’s about to get crowded, we pedal or scooter off to a different place to play.

3 Likes

I took the kids to play football. Only us. I saw another family playing badminton and a kid riding his bike. As it should be. When I took them last week, I only saw the odd old person walking about.

1 Like

Exactly. If you make rules that don’t make sense, people will get tired real fast.

2 Likes