Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

How about the bit where he was allowed to pseudo-quarantine* at home with his family, whereafter his infected son went to school – was that against the rules or in accordance with them?

Obviously he shouldn’t have been allowed to meet with friends etc., but if the first part was in line with the rules at the time, I wonder if this is partially just scapegoating/damage limitation by EVA.

*I mean “Enhanced Super Personal Self-Health Self-Care Self-Management” or whatever it’s called.

5 Likes

That’s why I don’t have LINE.

So during the high of the pandemic in Italy people singing on their balcony was way off?

Hard to avoid Line in Taiwan. You can just never click on that Timelime tab if it bothers you.

Why don’t they do like a month on duty, with breaks at some facility at the airport, then one month off with quarantine? It’s not like they have every plane in the air and need all the pilots.

2 Likes

Anyone gets the text message at 2.30 do let us know so we can push the F1 button for you. Tks. :banana:

That’s just not true.

They’ve kind of tried to do something like that but it’s very difficult to do. Especially with so many flights cancelled.

I heard of people doing 3-4 times quarantine.

That’s why countries relying on food imports get screwed.

I didn’t know that. The reason that I concluded this was because how every day experiences happen for me. For example at the bank or a government office or many ordinary offices, people start with “no” and go through their checklist to see if “yes” possible because they don’t want to held responsible for any mistake. I thought this was risk aversion.
What risk taking have you seen?

1 Like

And isn’t the Swire group involved in the TES? (Taipei European School)

Not impossible.

You live in Taiwan for how long? Everyday Taiwanese behave different than what you described.

Maybe

Since 2000. 10 years on business trips (3 months here at a time) and 10 years residing here. I work in manufacturing so perhaps that is why?

1 Like

https://www.swire.com/en/global/home.php

Zero cases. But nobody’s celebrating!

5 Likes

Taiwanese are risk adverse outside of driving

5 Likes

And electrical repairs.

5 Likes