Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

Got a cupboard full of em. Wife had to test for work. That said, it was much the same at the beginning in the uk, massive shortages of everything.

This seems to be a primary concern for most in my social circle.

1 Like
2 Likes

With all these self kits being sold, I imagine we will get a spike of people then going on to get PCR tests in the next few days, so a huge spike in case numbers

I’ve still yet to get any test ever. Anyone else?

5 Likes

I haven’t had a test yet

8 self tests because of work, and 3 PCRs when entering Taiwan last time

That is how my dad managed to be one of the few in the Uk to not get covid.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I had it two weeks ago. Would it show up on a rapid test, say, tomorrow?

Wow, what a surprise! Who would’ve seen that coming?

5 Likes

Antigen tests expire after like 6 months.

2 Likes

OK. They had six months

I went to a pharmacist friend and he was able to secure for me 4 test kits last week. But, at regular expensive prices.

1 Like

@lostinasia 's story suggests there’s hope for Taiwan yet.

What a laugh. Tai Ke kids holding the line.

1 Like

I just walked down the street. Mechanics and estate agents don’t give a fool about masks.

2 Likes

Not yet. I doubt this streak is going to last much longer.

I just hope enough people stop giving a monkey’s to ensure that this has all quietly gone away when I get back. I’m really not looking forward to arriving in the middle of a bedwetting contest.

4 Likes

Me too. My son is home from school. Two of his friends have Covid. Only symptom for them was a scratchy throat, which my son also has now. I’ve also had a ton of mysterious mucus in my throat the last day and a half. We all take high doses of D3 and iodine daily, so I’m pretty confident in the outcome. School is mailing tests to him. Not sure why people here are having to get their own. If the man wants to mandate a test, they better provide it.

9 Likes

Some of them might. But all of the ones I bought during CNY are good for a year, they expire sometime in 2023. They are the FORA ones.

Use this to find rapid tests:

https://becory.github.io/covid-19-test-kit-tw/

5 Likes