Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments July-October 2022

Glad you’re finally accepting things.

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

I think your sarcasm chip needs rebooting. Here’s some reading matter:

When allowing the infection to occur at any time between March 2020 and February 2021, evidence of waning naturally acquired immunity was demonstrated, although SARS-CoV-2 naive vaccinees still had a 5.96-fold (95% CI: 4.85–7.33) increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold (95% CI: 5.51–9.21) increased risk for symptomatic disease.

oopsie.

2 Likes

Tsai has spoken about opening to international tourists, and now these guys from Japan are scheduled to come here. Something is up . . .

Guy

4 Likes

Sources told CNA that the group will be exempted from the current “3+4” quarantine rules that require arrivals to spend three days in quarantine followed by four days of self-monitoring during which they have to avoid social gatherings.

Happy they are opening up but this is a kick in the balls for people who have struggled to even get family members in for a visit.

8 Likes

They’ve already said about one week ago or something that they are going to let tour groups in.

Don’t get your hopes up that the government will soon let individual travelers in. That’s still far away IMHO. Also that whole group tour thing has been a failure in Japan. I think only 252 people entered in June? In 2019, before the pandemic, there were 30 million plus visitors to the country.

But-But-But don’t you know… Japanese tour groups are immune to COVID unlike our filthy western parents! They are just following the science. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

The guys coming at the end of July are not tourists; they are tour group operators who will be here on business.

Guy

1 Like

Which goes back to two things; their idea of Westerners and economics.

Japanese tour groups spend. They go to Yongkang street and consume. They use the TRA and HSR and hotels. Moreover in locals’ minds, they wear masks. So all izz well.

“Western people do not wear masks” is their argument. That is not reason enough, I agree. We are simply not their people.

3 Likes

pretty sure they read forumosa where they find that westerners complain about how much Taiwan sucks too…

Taiwan sucks.
Taiwan sucks.
Goes to the local 7-11 for Ekselent Ice Cream.

Taiwan is fantastic.

2 Likes

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-07-24

Local = 21,460

Imported = 277

Deaths = 65

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

3 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The domestic mask mandate complaint thread

Report Completed1

65 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on July 24, 2022

Female = 23 (35.38%)
Male = 42 (64.62%)

Age Distribution

90s = 16 (24.62%)
80s = 20 (30.77%)
70s = 16 (24.62%)
60s = 7 (10.77%)
50s = 6 (9.23%)

Vaccination Doses

0 doses = 32 (49.230%)
1 doses = 4 (6.15%)
2 doses = 11 (16.92%)
3 doses = 18 (27.69%)

Chronic Disease History

Yes = 63 (96.92%)
None = 2 (3.08%)

Vaccine Status For Deaths With No Chronic Disease History

0 doses = 0 (Ages → M-80s, M-70s)

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-07-24

7月24日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

5 Likes

And? Why don’t the rules apply to them?

Because they will bring in tons of moolah. As usual, one set of rules for small moolah and another set of rules for big moolah.

3 Likes

They are basically being treated like diplomatic visitors.

I’m not saying I like this, btw. But I do understand it given our geopolitics and the attempt to foster good relations with Japan.

Guy

2 Likes

So what are the rules now if you’re a close contact? Are there any?

For the sake of example, let’s say you spent several hours in a bar last night with someone who tested positive today after experiencing mild symptoms. Would you be obliged to do anything?

Just asking out of, you know, curiosity. :whistle:

2 Likes

Not classed as a close contact unless you live with them as I understand it.

1 Like

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-07-25

Local = 16,921

Imported = 206

Deaths = 53

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

7 Likes