Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

More importantly, why did your friend move their birthday forward a day when he heard you were coming?

2 Likes

Guy

1 Like

Maybe he doesnt want me to come at all.

Serious quesrion: Can I pick up my gold card during self health management?

You are living large!

Guy

6 Likes

Haha I’m on a super crowded train in Germany right now. They call it the covid train.
Thanks to the 9€ ticket.

3 Likes

It’s just common sense, isn’t it? I avoid contact with people when I think I might be sick and contagious with anything. However, I certainly don’t take any interest in government guidelines anymore. I gave up on those a couple of years ago.

I don’t want disease carrying people sitting on my daily commute transporter.

My school (one of the big chains) is still requiring them. I just bought a stack because I assumed the government will keep pressuring people to get vaxxed and boosted for some time to come.

1 Like

Fascism always starts with fear of the unclean, diseased etc. It always follows the same pattern.

5 Likes
1 Like

I try to avoid the ‘rotten’ apple!

My sis in law keeps sending the family articles about how people who have had covid can get it easier the second time, how some people are infectious for longer etc. tried to get us to not go to a birthday party. Everyone at least four weeks since testing positive.

1 Like

Which comes first? The prejudice or the disgust? Probably a combination of the two that are easily manipulated politically.

1 Like

Just saw a tv news report. Seems more and more people here in Taiwan are already getting infected a second time. However, the authorities refused to issue the quarantine order because they say that within the 3 month period after infection “it was not necessary”. Nevertheless, the woman being interviewed disagreed, as her second infection felt worse -she was coughing her lungs out-, she needed to take time off work and she was also concerned about still being infectious. Let it be noted that the first time, she was infected. The second time, her child and husband were positive before she tested herself and was positive too.

1 Like

That’s some pathetic fear mongering.
Of course Taiwan is number one. Everyone else already finished their death wave.
This Chase guy is an idiot.

3 Likes

No doubt you can get infected again. She was implying it is more likely.

Some other shit about covid staying in your body for six months. And? Infectious for six months? Of course not.

She is an idiot, but she is an example of what a fair few people believe.

And as far as the woman in your report goes, if she is worried, just stay home.

1 Like

I feel dirty listening to Clapton.

The first time she didn’t take time off from work?

1 Like

And we go back to the issue of sick leave. She would still need an official report.

A doctor interviewed also mentioned it could be the test catching a remaining infection, not an actual active one.

But anyway, the way she was coughing, she and everyone around her would be uncomfortable.

People need a “quarantine summons” to show at work so they can take special COVID leave.

This also applies say to parents who take care of kids.

Remember bosses are rather stingy with days off and do not trust employees and bureaucracy and all that jazz…

1 Like