Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

Any one have any sort of clue what the new rules are?

3 Likes

Does this mean my 3+4 is over?

1 Like

In the home country daily average deaths is still 17. Cases go down, 4000 average, hospitalization at about 2000, 122 in ICU.

so if your contact isnā€™t household members then you need to quarantine for longer? good thing all the strippers I come in contact with are household members.

I think it means that if you arenā€™t a household member then you donā€™t need to quarantine.

1 Like

New cases in Taiwan have now gone higher than Australia, which reported 44,953 new cases today, slowly coming down from the high of late last year when they ā€œLet 'er Ripā€ and ditched many restrictions.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Super Glue would be better.

3 Likes

A lot of these relaxation measures and rule changes seem to be more ā€œwe didnā€™t plan well enough to be able to manage this many cases so weā€™ll have to abandon itā€ than ā€œweā€™ve carefully analyzed the situation and decided itā€™s appropriate to stop doing itā€.

The QR codes, the PCR testing, the electronic fence, the quarantine rulesā€¦

1 Like

And all 11 deaths reported today had some sort of Chronic Disease which would have been the main reason for their death.

3 Likes

That worked well in earlier times when far less people were Quarantined at home, and alerted the Authorities to those that ā€œJumped the Fenceā€. Hard to run though with the current numbers unless they have a huge mob doing the monitoring. The police will be happy when all these restrictions get the chop too, as they can do normal Police work again.

13 Likes

and 5 of them Unvaccinated?

Yep.
5 not vaccinated
4 with 2 doses
2 with the 3rd/Booster

So, starting from 5/8 0:00, if you are a colleague of a confirmed case, you only need to observe self health management, and do not need to quarantine. That means I can go out tomorrow :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What the hell am I doing here?

I need to book a ticket to the US right away!

3 Likes

What about teachers and students? Would that be considered that same as colleagues?

1 Like

This is the info i am waiting for.

Itā€™s like weā€™re Russia now and Covid is Ukraine.

The picture posted above says colleagues + classmates.

I think the exception is if you sleep in a dormitory with your classmates, in that case they are considered members of your household.

3 Likes