Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

Recombinant DNA is a designer virus clone that causes
Our body to produce a virus look alike and then discard the instructions

The virus clones then help us to learn to fight the real enemy

It’s not a new concept but has never until now been used on a large population and there may be big risks of the ‘we don’t know what we don’t know ‘ variety

The Chinese vaccine is not RDNA but has many side effects

The RDNA concept is an exciting one and let’s hope it all works as planned because they can be very well genetically engineered

There is a worry that then RDNA may enter our own DNA which the experts are saying will not happen

The biologist I talked to at length was worried about the what if our body sees a corona on what is largely a cell with our own dna and then decides that corona cells shouldn’t be attacked

Then that person will never build a defense against any corona virus

If that should happen a future corona virus and lord knows it will come will be devastating to those who’s immunity no longer recognize cells with corona spikes as being the enemy

This is a main reason he feels the vaccine could be more dangerous than the current virus

There’s still much unknown

We as a species is taking a chance here with billions to be vaccinated with a RDNA concept vaccine never before used on masses of people

Mr Finley, I am sorry, but this line of reasoning is unhelpful.

Do you sincerely think that withholding the polio vaccine would have HELPED to bring down dictatorships?

Do you sincerely think that polio vaccines are helpful ONLY if they also bring down dictatorships?

Yes we all know there are many other serious afflictions in the world—political, social, etc—with climate surely at or near the top of the pile. But all-or-nothing thinking (which to be clear is not limited to your posts) might not be the only way out of this mess.

Guy

And yet you could argue that most people had mild symptoms and death rates were not that high. We have the long Covid and other aftereffects.

I don’t know what kind of studies this biologist has, what he says does not sound reasonable.

OK I see you meant recombinant DNA, rDNA
I just thought you had invented a new thing called RDNA that I never heard of, something like mixing a cow with a horse . :grin:

Tommy you are confusing Recombinant DNA and RNA (Ribonucleic acid) together .

These mRNA vaccines are indeed constructed from genetic engineering techniques . So they are formed by recombinant expression or synthesised in a machine. But they aren’t called RDNA.

There’s no such thing as RDNA .

1 Like

Personally while not being against vaccines in general, I will wait until the end once everyone else gets one to ensure I feel safe taking it. Other than the few blood clot experiences, I havent heard of many other serious issues so far.

Unhelpful to whom?

I was not asserting either thing to be true. But the fact is that polio is a disease of poverty and squalor. You must have good hygiene and a vaccine to keep it under control. The whole is more than the sum of its parts. If you vaccinate without fixing the root cause, the vaccine does not function as intended.

Poliovirus is still happily spreading around the third world (with some of those variants being vaccine-derived) because half-assed vaccination programmes were introduced into areas where eradication is impossible, ie., places which still wallow in filth. Those places spend quite a bit of time, effort and money on a game of whack-a-mole, when what they really ought to do is stop keeping people in poverty. The virus will then have no habitat. Cf. Taiwan.

Now you’ll say: aha, but with COVID-19, we’ll all be practicing good hygiene, and we’ll have a vaccine. Nature will be vanquished! And what I’m saying in response is:

a) Good luck with that. COVID-19 is a first-world problem. For everyone else, the main problem they have with COVID-19 is that it gives their governments even more power to push them around, making their lives even more crap than they were before. That’s true of the first world too, but those governments can hand out far more generous bribes to keep the peasants in their place. 5 billion people are absolutely sick of it all.

(b) If you’re going to fight nature, pick your battles wisely, because you’re in it for the long haul. And make sure you’re fighting with the right weapons: as I’ve mentioned many times, many governments are still determined to keep their populations fat and ill because of the tsunami of income that ill people generate. Unfortunately, those are the people most likely to die of COVID-19. It’s the polio/squalor connection again.

You’re accusing me of “all-or-nothing” thinking? I’m baffled. All along I’ve been trying to point out complexity and grey edges.

I’ve asked it before and got no answer: why was it important to spend several trillion US$ (and destroy the means of paying back that debt) on a problem which is no threat to the overwhelming majority (2.7M deaths to date; 0.035% of the global population), while problems which ruin the lives of billions have attracted little more than hemming and hawing? The massive debt hole that we’re in will prevent anything at all being done about those problems for the foreseeable future. COVID-19 has been a wonderful excuse for every government on the planet to completely abdicate its responsibilities.

In short, I’m pretty certain we’re fcked. And I’m amazed that people are still cheerleading for the pharma companies and the halfwits who got us into this mess. I blame the EU.

2 Likes

A project for @Dr_Milker?

2 Likes

I prefer donkey d*** :grin:

3 Likes

Half donkeyed ?

Uz right I got my alphabet soup wrong

But hopefully not my point

I thought Taiwan bought 30 million astra Zeneca doses

Is Taiwan going to start vaccinating soon?

Discussion on that topic is taking place here:

Guy

3 Likes
5 Likes

I used to have a black cat, so I am not superstitious.

Now that the Taiwanese government approved the AstraZeneca vaccine, Do not be surprised if any specific person who got the jab gets a blood clot, just wait and see.

Will you be surprised if anyone gets a blood clot without taking the AstraZeneca vaccine?

3 Likes

Only AstraZeneca is available in Taiwan.

What I meant was people get blood clots all the time regardless of whether they have taken a vaccine.