Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

So exaggerated lol.

I care about my parents I’m very happy to see vaccines are coming and I’ll be seeing them next year.

My opinion is shared by the majority out there.

I’m unsure about the “majority” part, but I’m with Brian on this one. I too hope to see my parents next year.

Guy

The thing is this has a severe affect not just on the elderly…You wouldn’t be getting any proper medical treatment in an out of control pandemic situation.

And people with existing diseases such as cardiovascular or immunocompromised or diabetics are at high risk.

You aren’t going to be travelling anywhere of note cos you won’t be let in anywhere…

You aren’t going to be going to work because you won’t be permitted to so so by employer…

And so on and so on…

Nothing exaggerated about it based on your posts.

I care about my parents too. Doesn’t mean that I would expect the world to shut down so that nothing bad could happen to them.

I care about my young nieces and nephews whose development has been stunted because they can’t go to school, socialize with friends, etc. I care about the people I know who are struggling financially because their businesses can’t operate. I care about people who will get sick and die because they can’t get health screenings that catch terminal illnesses while they’re still treatable. I care about the hundreds of millions of people who might starve because of the economic impacts of the virus responses. I care about the countless people who are struggling with mental health issues because they have been left isolated.

2 Likes

Bukkshit !

Make an effort or don’t bother.

I’m the man with the data (look above who is the only one providing the proper numbers and percentages and details of coronavirus prevalence - ME).

You are just venting like other posters and spouting a load of waffle and attacks.

“I’m the man with the data!” Hear me roar! :joy:

You just don’t get it. Even if for argument’s sake we accept every one of your interpretations of the data, it doesn’t mean that everyone is going to agree with your perspective on what responses are justified.

1 Like

Correct.

If you can’t construct an argument with actual numbers involved we don’t need to listen to you.

The virus spreads practically exponentially . The UK was on track to move from 100k cases to 1 million in six weeks by end of November .That 1 million would then become 2 million in a week or two from now. imagine Xmas with that ? Millions infected simultaneously.

These numbers are continuously tracked in real time by the REACT population screening program in the UK.

It goes to 1.5% death rate for over 60s. It’s pretty bad.
For over 80s it approaches 10-15%.

In many countries the ICU is getting full again and people are suffering from after effects long after the virus has gone away. Its not a trivial risk.

That being said these half assed lockdowns that many countries are implementing aren’t useful. Like allowing Walmart and Costco stay open to sell everything but demanding small businesses shut down or locking down specific cities whereby shoppers just drive over to the next city to do their shopping.

Well that’s up to those countries to implement or not I guess.

Just like anything you have a broad spectrum between success and failure and everything in between.

Anyway what I object to is the fallacious idea that without a lockdown , in a country with rapidly increasing community numbers , that you wouldn’t have devastating economic consequences.

Pray TELL ME how is that possible ?
(Venting doesn’t count as an answer)

#ActualNumbers

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

No answer.

Thought so.

Most of your problems struggle with understanding the concept of EXPONENTIAL NUMBERS.

The type of numbers which means you get 10X CASES IN SIX WEEKS even with social distancing measures already in place (UK in late September ).

You all would be doing a BoJo whether you like or not once you understand the implications the waffling would end !!

Im glad I’m not in the position to make those choices. It’s uncharted territory. A politician does strict lockdowns, people hate them for destroying business. They let businesses stay open, people complain they are allowing the virus to run unchecked. It’s definitely a lose lose proposition

But yes, I don’t think this virus should be mimimised in any way when you have ICU doctors straight up saying they are getting overrun again.

This is why there are lockdowns for those who are numerically challenged. You cannot ignore biology.

They’ve lost control of the virus," Professor Gabriel Scally, a former regional NHS public health director, told the Guardian. "It’s no longer small outbreaks they can stamp on. It’s become endemic in our poorest communities and this is the result.

What is exponential growth ?

Not true.

1.5% death rate for 60-70 age bracket.

Rate shoots up rapidly from there.

Somebody that is 80 years old can easily have another ten years these days…

Somebody that is 70 another twenty years.

Talking to my Son in the UK on Sunday.
He say’s he does not know of anyone that had/has COVID-19 and most certainly no one that has died from it.
2 weeks ago he went to Stoke Mandeville hospital (a big hospital in Buckinghamshire) for operation on his hand.
He spoke to nurses they said business as usual!
Had his op on day and time they said.
This lockdown doesn’t seem to make any sense! yet again it does!
We have to accept only Taiwan has got it right rest the world has fucked it.

Can you re read what you just posted.

Why do you think he doesn’t know anybody that has had it or died from it lol ?

Why do you think that the hospital can schedule regular surgeries ?

Also understand that without a lockdown you get 10x the cases in six weeks.

Do you?

Yes I do actually. My friends father.

I also know at least four people worldwide who have got it. One of them got it really bad too and was in their 20s. Another in their 40s said it has taken him months and months to recover .

Well I don’t!