Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

I wouldn’t see why not. When I flew to the US last week, the line for non citizens was almost as long as the line for citizens and residents. Taiwan citizens don’t need visas to enter the US and there are no citizenship requirements for vaccination.

Thank you.

I’d like a bit more on the confirmation side though. :wink:

Well then maybe you should call AIT and ask. They are the only ones that could tell you for sure, although they will probably say that it’s up to the discretion of the immigration officer at the airport.

Yes. Remember to get your covid documentation within 3 days before departure.

Care to expand of that? I’m not trying to be coy. I’m looking for info for my family in TW that’s a bit more rock solid. :wink:

Hope this helps. :grinning:

If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get tested no more than 3 days before you travel by air into the United States (US) and show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight, or be prepared to show documentation of recovery (proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

My brother did it and he’s from the neighbors down South, where the government encourages people to do so.

Of course the cost is only 500 to 1500 USD for tickets/hotel/amenities/shopping and it takes what, 2 to 9 hours flight. From Taiwan we are talking 40k to 90k NTD in plane tickets, let alone the rest.

There was an article recently detailing costs, lemme see if I can find it.

Edit

2 Likes

Thanks, but I’m talking about getting the vax in NYC, not the covid test in TW.

Looks like Icon in on point though.

Sweet. Can you find out WHERE they got the vax?

Yes, however to enter the US and take the van in NYC, you will still need to take a covid test in TW.

Usually hospitals. It depends on whether or not they qualify (eg. employee of a healthcare facility such as a physician/nurse, government, or covid frontline worker) at the time of writing.

Dude, I’m talking about regular folks, from Taiwan, flying to NYC and getting the vaccine. Thank you though. Really.

Of course.

1 Like

You are aware that there is an entire thread on this topic?

Guy

3 Likes

I are now!

4 Likes

Also if they plan on doing some shopping, don’t forget to check out each state’s sales tax…

1 Like

A parking lot. From the hands of a burly fierce looking Marine. In Miami.

They booked it on the internet. Seems you can do that with the largest pharmacy chains in US. CVS, the like.

Lemme ask when he wakes up.

Edit
Ok, this gets interesting. Seems it was like a camp/temporary location set up by FEMA. No reservations, just walk in/drive in. Cool.

If I was in your family’s shoes, I’d book a direct flight to NYC, go to the nearest Costco to get the vaccine, get some nice salad dressings/organic sauces along the way.

1 Like

Well not from Chinese users.
But from people in Dubai or Bahrain I would have expected that.

I can’t be sure, but I suspect that reporting vaccine side effects in Dubai or Bahrain might be a beheading offence …

Since all the vaccines (apparently) work by replicating the spike protein, you would expect similar types of side effect for all of them - and so far that seems to be the case, although with some differences in magnitude.

hm … I did not think of that

As forumosans will know, Moderna’s mRNA product is part of the vaccine menu purchased by the Taiwan government—and they are being administered now to front line hospital staff and hospital workers around the nation. With a little over 5 million Moderna doses on order, these vaccines will eventually help protect around 2.5 million people here.

We also know that the Taiwan authorities, in conjunction with Academia Sinica, have been in conversation with Moderna about setting up a factory in Taiwan, though this has yet to be confirmed.

So what are the prospects of this company scaling up? What are its goals going forward? What anticipated timeline? This informative 5 minutes conversation with the Moderna CEO helps to answer some of these and other questions.

Guy

2 Likes

Good example of why what vaccines you use matter.

1 Like

Condolences to his family, however should this this gentleman really have been queueing up for vaccination? I guess it’s best he passed before the shot rather than after or there’d be a serious hullabaloo.