Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

Who said that? What are you talking about?

My school is one of many where vaccinated won’t be tested but unvaccinated will be weekly.

Who cares that you won’t?

We are comparing the chance of testing positive vaccinated vs unvaccinated. At my school, I have zero chance. My coworker has a weekly chance.

And I bet other jobs move in that direction.

So I am pointing out that in Taiwan, going forward, they will be testing unvaccinated a lot more than vaccinated.

Are you saying they are going to test them equally?

The only place they will get tested equally is at the boarder. Get it?

1 Like

At the boarder. Right. Yup, I got it.

Guy

Ha ha border. Ok, you win the spelling contest. You look smart now.

When my kid loses an argument, they do that, too. Do you want to go to the park with them?

You misunderstood my initial comment thinking I was saying that only unvaccinated will be tested on entering the country. Wrong.

Then you tried to say that I was saying that all unvaccinated are being tested. Wrong.

What I said was that if they are only going to test unvaccinated in work places, then the positives in the unvaccinated group compared to vaccinated will be more like 1000 to 1. Is this not happening?

So then you pick on a spelling mistake. Lol. I think you should try harder and stop being so condescending.

1 Like

Same at my workplace. The vaxxed are all good - zero testing for them. Can still get and spread Covid.

The unvaxxed need weekly PCR tests. Can still get and spread Covid, but will be required to spend 14 days in mandatory isolation if they test positive, and maybe until found to be free and clear.

Meanwhile any ‘vaxxed with Covid’ can spread it to whomever they choose. No isolation or further testing required :rofl:

1 Like

COVID-19: Delta infections produce similar levels of virus regardless of vaccination status, suggests early analysis

1 Like

Interesting read. No reported health concerns. Coincidence?

We have vaccinated millions, so of course you’ll have extremely rare instances of people dying (although from my skimming I didn’t see the link had been 100% established). If we elevate stories like this too much it makes it seem much more commonplace than it actually is.

So, bury it down deep and disregard because it doesn’t feed the “get the jab” narrative?

Would you feel the same if it were your wife that passed away? Just a rare occurrence? Acceptable loss?

I say the more information from all sides, the better.

5 Likes

I drive a car even though there’s a greater chance of me getting in a fatal accident here than dying from an AZ jab. Life is full of risks and those need to be calculated. Dying from COVID even if you’re under 50 is a greater risk than dying from an AZ shot. Yes, some people have extremely rare reactions… obviously stories like this aren’t getting buried because you have them parroted breathlessly on social media and in chain messages on LINE as if every 10th person getting the jab was dying.

You say it’s interesting… why is it interesting?

1 Like

I can sympathize with the person whose death is caused by such a manner but such news should be posted after investigation has been complicated that it was indeed for sure caused by vaccine. otherwise there is no concrete way to know it was and causes mass hysteria. There are many people who don’t have any chronic illnesses but either have immunocompromised system or an allergy that they never knew about because they never got into a situation where they got sick because of it. I have very high blood pressure but the way I found out is one random check one day. I never felt uncomfortable or any issue. can climb any mountain. We can have many disease we don’t know about if we never get ourselves checked for that

1 Like

openvaers.com for more reports of covid vaccine experiences from around the world

Don’t you know that when a fit 42 year old in the uk dies of covid, everyone in the world has to know?
But when someone dies after the vaccine, keep that shit buried.

8 Likes

My issue with the covid vaccines are they have not been fully tested before being released. They had the special exception authorization for emergency use. A good basic analogy is releasing an untested piece of software and selling it on the market as “ready for use”.

3 Likes

Usually vaccine development goes on for years before its officially “ready” with full testing and everything. Yes covid vaccines are on emergency use but the real question is “Can we wait for like 5 or 10 years for a super safe vaccine in the present pandemic?”

2 Likes

That impetus for releasing the vaccines in their current states is understood. But another question, are they going to continue improving the vaccines and use real world data to “debug” their vaccines? Or are they just going to sit on their asses thinking that the vaccines are good enough with an “acceptable” mortality rate?

2 Likes

They are already doing it right now. Research never stops. Thats why newer vaccines are in development like nasal sprays and one shot vaccines. They all use the current data to improve.The idea to use booster shots emerged from current observation that two shots may not be enough. We dont hear about all these development in media because it wont sell. But death by a vaccine will.

What you are saying is wrong.

In Taiwan where virtually no one has covid, you have more chance of dying from the AZ vaccine than covid. How can you die from a virus that isn’t here?

The uk has said this. Young people shouldn’t take it in places where the virus isn’t circulating.

If the virus was more prevalent in Taiwan, then you can make an argument that the risks of taking AZ would be smaller than the risk of catching and dying from covid.

Not right now in Taiwan though. There is virtually no virus in Taiwan so that woman was in no danger from covid.

2 Likes

Do you understand what a preemptive measure is? Just because there’s not much virus here right now (and I’d argue that’s debatable), it’s only a matter of time before Delta gets in and that’ll sweep through us like wildfire… unless there’s a sufficient number of people vaxxed, which would block off potential chains of transmission (and yes, I know you can still get COVID when you’re fully vaccinated, but the chances of it are greatly reduced). Not having foresight is why we had such abysmal vax rates before this current outbreak. Vaccination uptake shot up when things looked bad in May and June. If people think “now things look good again, so I don’t need it anymore” that would show we’ve learned nothing from the past.

COVID is here to stay. It’s not something that’ll pass like SARS. Whether it’s next month or next year, it’ll come roaring back with a vengeance. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to deal with more lockdowns in the future. And the only way to avoid that fate is if we get a sufficient amount of the population vaccinated.

2 Likes

Oh yeesh. Just did a quick google search of people dying from the vaccines. Ouch.