Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

You don’t have a monopoly on what does or does not make things worse.

Continued misrepresentation.

You seem to have been quite clear about your wish for endless rounds of vaccinations. So I’m not sure what I’m misrepresenting.

1 Like

Like I said, I won’t take you seriously until you quit misrepresenting and mocking my position as well as endorsing posts that disrespect or spread disinformation about my position.

So… shouldn’t these guys get in trouble for insider trading?

Extremely unlikely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/insiders-at-covid-19-vaccine-makers-sold-nearly-500-million-of-stock-last-year-11613557801

4 Likes

well-timed sales … which occur frequently in the health care industry

So basically they’ve never been taken to task for it, ever.

3 Likes
3 Likes

What a disgusting political hit piece meant to prey on emotions. I believe that vaccines are a modern miracle, and that almost everyone over the age of 30, and probably over the age of 18, should get it. But I don’t believe that the reasons people aren’t getting them are primarily because of republicans or a blind sense of freedom. It is more nuanced than that, and I think that the loss of trust in the institutions is an important factor…the mixed messages we’ve gotten from the politicians and the media and the fact that many people simply won’t trust the politicians and the media because they’ve lied and distorted so much.

5 Likes

How is it a hit piece? He’s literally interviewing vaccine hesitant folks and asking them why they don’t want to get the vaccine.

2 Likes

It gets most obvious with, “But voices like Mary Beth’s are drowned out by leaders who are contradicting public health officials” followed by prominent Republicans speaking out against mandates.

2 Likes

Well… it’s true then. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Whether to require vaccine mandates is not only a question for public health officials, and demonizing people who take multi-factor analysis over single-factor analysis doesn’t seem useful or particularly honest.

2 Likes

You think the guy struggling to breathe on his own in the COVID ward and still defiant about vaccines was a super informed individual “who takes multi-factor analysis”?

That guy isn’t struggling to breathe. I know what that feels like. You don’t want to waste a millilitre of oxygen on squeezing out more than a word or two.

It’s a paid-for propaganda piece. Listen carefully to what is being said. Listen to the words. Listen to the way ideas are framed with faulty logic and reinforced with emotive images.

2 Likes

Did you even watch the video? He was shortly thereafter put on a ventilator and subsequently died.

1 Like

Yes, I watched it all through, very carefully.

It didn’t say he was put on a ventilator. It says he died. Is that guy in the video Christopher Green? I dunno. But I can state with absolute confidence, from personal experience, that whoever that person was, he was not “struggling to breathe” at the time of that interview. It is terrifying. Your entire attention is focused on filling your lungs.

And even assuming that it was real person, his death does not prove the point made in the video, which was that vaccine mandates are essential and that people who oppose them are responsible for their own deaths and for others.

2 Likes

Gee, what could he have died of? Maybe he got hit by a truck on the way out of the hospital, right?

Are you actually suggesting the person might not even be real? Like I said, you’re drifting into self-parody these days.

1 Like

No idea. I looked for his obituary and it didn’t say. If you listen carefully to the video, nobody even mentions that he had COVID in the first place: they said he’s “fighting for his life” and he’s unvaccinated. For all we know he’s in there with COPD from a lifetime of smoking, which is the usual reason for someone ending up on a ventilator.

Funnily enough he has several obituaries. Is that normal these days? And no apparent electronic trace beyond those obituaries, although of course it’s hard to find such things without knowing more about the person.

I don’t know what to think. Lying is accepted as normal these days - the politicians and the newspapers lie and lie and lie and we’re expected to just suck it up. Something didn’t stack up there. Likewise with the second patient, who was hooked up to a vital-signs monitor that wasn’t even monitoring his SpO2, despite the fact that his pulse was being measured by a SpO2 sensor; the logical conclusion is that he was not a COVID patient.

Anyway, as I said, listen to the words. Break down the logic and the train of thought that they walk you through. Don’t just let it wash over you uncritically. The point of the video is to convince you that vaccine mandates must be supported and that people who oppose them are deranged lunatics, and they get you to that point by careful use of words and images.

2 Likes

Meanwhile in Japan:

‘No safety issues’ but a magnet may stick to you.
Remember those ‘conspiracy’ vids from months ago showing just that?:

3 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus