Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

Hey if you are going to do it do it right.

Its Bwa-ha-ha-ha. Added effect you see.

1 Like

1 Like

Thought about that before posting my previous post.
Problem with your argument is that non of your listed diseases is transmittable.
My opinion is an exaggeration, however hospitalization is easily avoided with a little pinch in the arm. You can’t compare that with a chronic eating disorder, addiction etc.

However a lot of people make decisions that ars bad for their health. Some might refuse this shot. Others go skydiving and the chute fails. Some ride motorcycles like dicks and crash. Others live the my 400 pound life. At what point do we take precautions to keep ourselves healthy and not worry about what others choose to do with their body.

Prior to covid nobody gave a crap about the flu whick kills thousands every year. In fact it was seen as honorable to rock up to work sick by the boss, look how loyal he is. And people sick that would ride the subway and bus sneezing everywhere and then shake your hand. That was considered socially acceptable. Now they are running around screaming ‘youll kill my granny you selfish ahole’

1 Like

Which they should have done always.

1 Like

There are flu vaccine campaigns every year. The company I work for has vaccine clinics every year. Some hospitals require patient facing staff to get flu vaccines (which often is a source of conflict).

2 Likes

I’m used to getting shade from self-appointed social engineers who want to legislate morality. My standard response to them is if you’re only to do what’s right for yourself you’re no longer free.

It’s a new experience for me though getting shade from the personal freedom side as I assumed that we shared a belief in the principle that our right to swing our fists ends where other people’s noses begin. I see now that I was mistaken.

So, if an unvaccinated person contracts the disease from a vaccinated individual, it’s the unvaccinated person’s fault? Who’s to blame if a vaccinated person sheds a new variant that results in a fellow vaccinated person requiring hospitalization? Will there be a point in which we can all agree that there isn’t any certainty with regards to viruses and vaccines?

4 Likes

It is not a matter of fault or no fault. It is a matter of making a reasonably better decision for a social common goal, less severely injured people.
If you end up in the ICU unvaccinated, it’s not your fault, as long as you can be considered as plain stupid.
But when I talk to these antivaccers in person, I get the feeling they are just aggressive towards a society with common goals.

1 Like

So why does this not apply to people who are fat and diabetic?

I don’t see how it matters that it’s not an infectious disease. You can choose to be fat and diabetic, or not, and in fact many people in this situation are highly resistant to the idea that they should do something about it. They appear to think it’s their right to remain that way, even though there are no obvious benefits.

Since 80%+ of the COVID patients clogging up the hospitals are fat and diabetic (and indeed 25% of all the other patients), shouldn’t we be pointing fingers at them and insisting that they sort themselves out?

1 Like

I already said this before. Diabetes is a disease and being fat can have several causes mostly a chronic eating disorder ergo disease.
Making a single one time one occasion decision not to get vaccinated is ether misinformed, ignorant, asocial, stupid, or being paranoid. The last one is a disease.
A fat person does not put me in danger. The same goes for the alcoholic, the parachute, the base-jumper, whatever else you brought on as an argument in this thread.

Yes, I know it’s a disease. And it’s very easily reversible. It takes a very specific diet to cause T2D and obesity. If you stop eating in that way, the problem goes away. However, governments encourage people to eat in precisely the manner that causes illness, and shut down any mention of the fact that they’re causing the problem.

Nor does somebody with COVID, to a first approximation.

A moment ago your concern was the health service being overloaded. So again: why is this not the fault of fat/diabetic people who refuse to cure themselves? Is it because they’re stupid, ignorant, asocial and paranoid? Or is it perhaps for more mundane reasons?

1 Like

Your arguments are more and more ridiculous.
If there was a single shot in the arm available to cure fat people, tested for over a year on hundred of millions of people with the same safety record as this vaccine, I am pretty sure most fat people would take that shot.
Instead there are fat people undergoing surgery to reduce the size of their stomach.
Stop shaming people with a chronic disorder in order to make a point.
When you go to a birthday party, everyone is eating cake, but the fat one is stupid or what. Maybe you are the stupid person putting it onto the table in front of them.

1 Like

Do you believe this because you don’t want to be considered those things?

Indeed.

People always want a quick fix for everything.

What they’re never prepared to do is what actually works. They want to have their cake and eat it, as it were.

Why do I have to stop shaming them? They’re putting the health service under terrible strain! The health service will collapse if we don’t do something about it! We must quarantine them all until they’re thin!

What’s “ridiculous” about telling someone that, unless they stop being ill, they’re at high risk of dying from COVID?

I realise you believe that maintaining a healthy weight is incredibly difficult, because that’s the narrative that bombards everyone from the mainstream media. It is not difficult. It’s easy. But a lot of people make a lot of money out of fat people, and fat people are complicit in their own abuse.

1 Like

Yes they do, the same as the unvaccinated will put our healthcare system under stress.

No, we mustn’t. We must finally control what’s allowed to put into the food and advertise as healthy. If it is not healthy there should be a warning on it the same we put on tobacco.

Are you blaming fat people for the existence of covid?
Otherwise healthy people get long covid too. This will be a huge expense to come in the long run.

It depends on your surroundings. Office job with stable hours, close to the next fancy restaurant, or morning, afternoon and night shifts plus weekends away from home, office and the pleasant infrastructure.
I got a paper saying that I work like this 270 days a year and got all my taxes back based on this paper.
The additional prep time for a healthy supply is about 2 hours a day inclusive shopping.
Most of my coworkers are fat and regularly require treatment. They all got vaccinated month before me.
And the antivaccer, mask refuser just called me to let me know I will work and share a car with him tomorrow.

He believes we will all die within the next two years and he will be one of the 500 million people left with sperms to repopulate the planet.
Good luck with that!
There are two universes one we vaccinated people all survived and the other where he repopulates the planet with his sperms. It’s not a difficult decision on which I put my gamble.

Nope. The reason is that the vaccine is losing efficacy. It’s currently at around 15-30%, depending on exactly what you’re measuring and in which country. You can look up the numbers - pick any country you like, although the US seems to be fudging their figures - and calculate it yourself if you don’t believe me.

And yet the percentage of people in hospital with COVID is still about 80% fat/diabetic people. And as I said, they’re also an abnormally-high percentage of other patients. So they are the problem, not the unvaxed.

I know. I was being facetious.

Who is “we”? The people who profit from keeping people fat? The governments handing out crappy “healthy eating” advice? Good luck with that.

No. I’m pointing out some uncomfortable facts. Blame is irrelevant.

Numbers matter. By far, the majority of people in this position are people who were unhealthy to start with.

A primary problem here is the definition of “healthy”. Upwards of 50% of people in the West are not healthy by any objective standard. They’re shapeless and unfit. They’re on various pills for this and that problem. Yet they pretend that they’re healthy.

Then they should stop being fat. It’s all very well saying, “oh, I have this problem and that commitment and so little time”, but what you’re really saying is: “all these other things are more important than my own health”. You can make time by throwing the TV in the trash. You can get better and quicker at cooking by practicing.

The bottom line is this: if it’s a choice between:

1. Remaining chronically fat and unhealthy and getting the vaccine, and
  2. Getting as healthy as possible while remaining unvaxed

then option 2 increases your chances of survival by more than option 1. Not just by a little bit, but a lot. I can easily demonstrate this with reference to the statistics. To take a random example, the average fat 50-year-old has an all-cause risk of death of 0.008. With COVID floating around, his risk is around 0.009-0.010. Getting vaxed decreases his risk to somewhere between 0.008-0.009. Getting fit and healthy decreases his risk of death to about 0.0035. I’m not making this up. It’s that dramatic. And because your risk of COVID complications in the “fit and healthy” demographic is about 80-90% lower, it remains 0.0035 whether you’re vaxed or not.

I’ll put my money where my mouth is. If any of your fat colleagues want to know how to get thinner and healthier, so that they don’t have to worry about being struck down by COVID (or strokes, or heart attacks, or diabetes) I’ll talk them through it for free. I’ve done this several times now, occasionally for payment, but usually not. I’m getting pretty good at it now. I have a how-to manual that they can start with, if they prefer that route. It’s in English of course. Perhaps you know someone who’d like to translate it.

Frankly, it’s so pathetically easy that I feel like a fraud for charging for this sort of thing. I’m not “shaming” fat people. I want them to stay alive.

2 Likes

I don’t think many would have a problem with that approach to COVID.

1 Like

i am guessing finley is not going to get the jab anytime soon
one of my best friends just doesn’t believe covid even exists and if it does it is only mildly more dangerous than the common flu and there is nothing that can convince him otherwise.

i was very hesitant to get the jab but i finally deduced that it’s gotta be better than getting COVID

1 Like

Out of curiosity I’m interested how somebody could think it doesn’t exist. Did you ask what leads him to this conclusion? If he is over 50 he could get a rude awakening …My friend also refuses to get the jab, saying he would wait a couple of years to see how it goes. I don’t understand if it is fear or stubbornness or what.