Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

He shouldn’t stress it now he has already recovered. He will probably be continually exposed going forward if he is in the Uk so I’m not sure a vaccine would give him more protection than he has already. Each to his own though.

well the good news is he had nanoclad antibodies

Yep.

We hear plenty of chatter about ‘long Covid,’ but very little about ‘long term obesity.’ We already know ‘long term obesity’ has far worse health consequences than Covid could ever have. And all obesity-related diseases now exacerbated by various Covid measures, including susceptibility to Covid.

Might be time for some mandates and freedom restrictions for the obese, such as scanning your BMI/ blood sugar levels/ heart rate before entering Maccas or KFC, disallowing the overweight from flying on a plane, stopping welfare payments if you haven’t been enought times to the gym, wearing a bracelet that tracks your steps per day, and so on. Maybe even closing fast food joints completely, until the obesity pandemic is over.

For frontline health professionals (doctors, nurses), good health should definitely be a mandate, including for politicians. They need to set the example, no? As they are all about saving our lives, right?

Might be time for a great reset.

4 Likes

Oops. More confirmation that government Covid overreach is causing more harm than good.

Just saw this new article, from yesterday:

"Since the pandemic began, 42% of adults in the U.S. reported gaining an undesired amount of weight, according to a Harris Poll conducted in February 2021. U.S. adults reported gaining an average of 29 pounds.

People who struggle with obesity – having a body mass index of 30 or higher – are at greater risk for a range of diseases, including heart disease and stroke, two of the leading causes of death in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. They’re also at greater risk of coronavirus infection, hospitalization and death.

In 2020, 16 states had adult obesity rates at or above 35%, up from 12 states the previous year. The changing numbers can partly be tied to the coronavirus pandemic, which “changed eating habits, worsened levels of food insecurity, created obstacles to physical activity, and heightened stress,” according to the report from the Trust for America’s Health.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2021-09-15/the-pandemic-has-worsened-americas-obesity-epidemic-report-finds

I’ve got just the solution: The Covid Weight Loss program:

“Many COVID-19 patients are in a hypermetabolic situation, meaning that it takes a lot of energy to breathe,” explains Matthew Yotsuya, M.D., an internist at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, New Jersey. “People who have COVID-19 spend a tremendous amount of energy just trying to keep themselves oxygenated. Because of that, people tend to lose a lot of weight.”

Spoke with my brother last week, he is a first responder in one of the current Delta hotspots. He said this round of Covid isn’t much different than the first, it’s just cleaning up the round of folks who are obese, have diabetes, COPD or other issues that it didn’t catch the first time. Stated most of the elderly had gotten vaxxed so their Covid situation has improved.
I asked about kids, and he did state that they are seeing a large increase in numbers but pointed out the most recent teenager to die in the county was 250lbs and only 15 years old. This particular county has about a 68% obesity rate.

2 Likes

Nature to the rescue!

That’s not a solution. That’s simply not caring about the person’s health and safety. Why condemn people to suffer in such a horrible way or wish that upon anyone, overweight or not?

Becoming overweight and obese in turn makes you become highly susceptible to Covid. Thems the facts. Covid measures are increasing obesity. Thems also da facts.

If one reduces the weight, gets fitter and healthier, the chances of you getting seriously ill or dying from Covid drop dramatically.

There is no need to leave it up to a Covid hospital visit to knock off any pounds.

If you can find a park or gym that is open where one lives, of course.

Of course, Maccas and KFC always remain available.

It’s worth examining the “thought” process being presented in that article.

Minaj: something happened to my friend in Trinidad after the vaccine.
Doctors: you’re lying, because that thing is impossible.

First off, accusing someone of lying about a specific event is not the same as debunking. If someone tells you they were abducted by aliens while having a quiet pint in Cardiff, you can’t “debunk” the story by saying “that’s stupid, there’s no such thing as aliens”. All you’ve said there is that you don’t believe them.

So, a quick search of the VAERS database brings up 118 occurrences of this particular outcome post-vaccine, some of which are “noise”, but many not. So yes, it’s rare, but not rare enough to suggest that Minaj is definitely lying. As a side note: absolutely incredible how many medications some Americans are taking, typically because they’re fat, judging from the drugs on the list.

So why not just tell people the truth: yeah, it sometimes happens, but only about as often as people get struck by lightning.

As for the rest of the article: young, fit and healthy men are correctly assessing that their risk of serious consequences from COVID is exceedingly small - their risk of death, for example, is so small that’s it’s comparable to their apparent risk of death from the vaccine (VAERS records about five deaths per million in the 18-39 agegroup). If the doctors don’t know this, then they are failing in their professional duty to keep abreast of the data, and attempting to “refine the health messages” amounts to lying.

TL;DR: article debunked.

3 Likes

Encouraging data on vaccines and spontaneous abortion. Not great science, but provides some support.

Looks like a potential loophole for Texan women who want to get an abortion…

1 Like

EDIT: sorry, saw there are some tables. However it isn’t entirely clear how date of vaccination relates to date of conception - earlier research suggests that could be important.

I’m the one encouraging overweight people to get vaccinated and wear masks. You’re the one encouraging them not to. Who’s the real pied piper?

1 Like

You’ve managed to misrepresent both your own trail of posts and other people’s there. Well done.

3 Likes

Absolute garbage. I even mentioned in a recent comment that one should get jabbed if they want, but also lose some weight and get healthy. I’m not anti-vax, nor have I ever been.

1 Like

So you’re encouraging overweight people to get vaccinated and wear masks in order to avoid contracting COVID?

No. I’m not encouraging them to do anything in particular. If they choose to get vaxxed and/or get healthy, that’s entirely up to them.

2 Likes

So you have no opinion on the safety and efficacy of Covid vaccines and wearing masks?

What’s yours? You go first. You seem to have some strong opinions you would like to share.

My opinions on Covid vaccines, masks and various other Covid-related things have been stated here and elsewhere on the forum plenty.

Yet you go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about obesity.

And then whether I point out the value of vaccination you do your best to try to undermine it or accuse me of fear mongering.

In a vaccine thread.

I find that interesting.

1 Like