Coronavirus Vaccine for Children in Taiwan

They sure are being annoying about the kids’ vax. We’ve sent two form rejecting the vax and this morning we just received our third call informing us that the vax is available at school and/or clinics. Too bad they didn’t pester the oldies like this.

2 Likes

Monthly Covid shots sound about right. Keep those kids fully protected.

2 Likes

Looks like they are going to do it.

They have to find a country which did the same first so they can justify it.

America wants to vaccinate the under 5s so that will be next I’m sure.

2 Likes

Taiwan has granted an emergency use authorization to Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine for children aged between 6 months and 5 years, amid growing numbers of children with severe infections.

A shipment of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for children aged between 6 months and 5 years old is scheduled to arrive in Taiwan on July 7.

The doses will be inspected by the Food and Drug Administration, a process that is expected to take 14 days, and then delivered to local governments, likely on July 21.

In the 5-11 age group, 75.6 percent have gotten at least one dose, and 22.7 percent have gotten two doses.

1 Like

CECC will work with local health departments to arrange vaccination clinics for the little kids (6 months to 5 yrs old) to get Moderna shots. Recommendations will be to have clinics during weekends and evenings; possibly visit nursery schools & childcare facilities.
https://twitter.com/cookiebandit/status/1549638016074821638

image source: 7/20本土2萬6943例 增57死、102例中重症 | 生活 | 中央社 CNA

The command center stated that according to the reporting conditions of the counties and cities, the contracted medical institutions will provide vaccinations on July 21 and 22, and another 13 counties and cities will set up vaccination stations to open on the 22nd and 23rd. The vaccination sites are located at schools, activity centers, gymnasiums, libraries, and the public can check on the websites of the county and city health bureaus.

Pfizer-BioNTech granted emergency use authorization for children aged between 6 months and 4 years old in Taiwan.

Apparently those Pfizer vaccines for children aged 5 and below are en route. They should arrive by the end of August.

Guy

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Covid vaccines for children?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Covid vaccines for children?

More Pfizer-BNT vaccines for young infants have reportedly arrived in Taiwan:

Guy

Posted in the general booster shot thread, this news may also be of interest to parents in Taiwan with children aged 5-11 who have so far not been eligible for a booster shot.

Guy

Our school is requesting a third shot for my daughter. My wife has passed the decision onto me.

I have to make the choice between a statistically insignificant risk of vaccination side effects, or a statistically insignificant risk of the virus. It is fucking ridiculous that parents should be placed in this position. Utterly shameful.

I’m letting me daughter make her own decision. I think she’ll take the shot to fit in.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Covid vaccines for children?

I don’t know. I doubt it.

It should be borne in mind that medical experts have been making these decisions. Important to remember when posters use the "Are you a doctor? response

Our son’s school now too. We passed on the second shot and we will pass on this next opportunity.

In the last two months, my wife, daughter, and I all got covid. All minor symptoms (I didn’t even know I had it but found out only after having to test before getting a procedure at the hospital). I’m sure my son has had it but he didn’t exhibit any symptoms. I don’t see the point in getting him vaccinated. He’s ten years old, in case anyone’s wondering.

4 Likes

The new round of reservations for the 73,000 available doses can be made from 9 a.m. Tuesday to 9 p.m.

• Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines for children aged six months to 11 years old and for people aged 12 and older and the Novavax vaccine for people 12 years and older

• Moderna vaccines available will be the standard vaccine for people aged six months to 11 years old and the bivalent vaccines offered as a booster against the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants for children aged six to 11 years old and those aged 12 and older

Of the 73,000 doses, 50,000 will be the Moderna bivalent vaccine

1 Like

CECC spokesman Chuang Jen-hsiang (莊人祥) said that around 2.75 million doses of BNT vaccines for adults, children and young children were due to expire in March or April.

To ensure that people under the age of 18 can still receive the same vaccine brand for their first and second shots, the BNT shot will be phased out on a varying timeline for different groups of recipients.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus vaccination: pros, cons, alternatives