Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - April 2021

They are asking . They need a time period you will travel.

So anyone can just lie about it though. They aren’t asking for ticket receipts.

1 Like

They were offering it to medical workers and priority personnel. It’s free for them. But they wouldn’t take it because They heard az vaccine is bad. So they had to offer it to someone before it expired

If I tell them I’m an international traveler I get it for free?

Nope

Woohoo! Vaccination scheduled!!

5 Likes

Schools. They already have done such massive health campaigns at schools before. They actually vaccinate and keep track of vaccines for kids in schools.

If you go gongfei, then you have to follow the schedule the government has set out. By that, at our age and with our condition, we’ll be category 9 or 10. You are paying for jumping the queue.

Though I agree that, if they would go to waste, then they should give them out freely, the thing is that they have a priority and by paying, they are creating a parallel line, a fast lane of sorts, IMHO.

Right now is up to category 6 and 7. It is already covering diplomats, taxi drivers, pilots, caregivers in hospitals and a bunch more.

I am still trying to decide where to get the shot.

In Taipei City, where hospitals are better equiped in case I have a bad reaction?

Or my usual Xindian digs, where doctors got my medical history on hand?

Even in the very unlikely event of a severe adverse reaction, I don’t think there’s that big of a discrepancy between hospitals in Taipei City and those in Xindian, is there? I would imagine both would be able to handle any reaction with similar competence. So I’d just choose the closer one, personally.

I was also thinking about getting vaccinated in the next round, assuming there’s still some appointments left (haven’t checked yet).

3 Likes

Tomorrow me and my wife will get it together.
We had some push-back from in-laws. According to news and Facebook posts vaccines are not safe and we are lab rats! I would rather believe scientific studies/publications.
Some risk exists, but it is tiny. Taiwan won’t be Covid free forever and I might have to travel to Germany soon.

6 Likes

If, like me, you’re mainly concerned with blood clots, those don’t appear until between 5-20 (the doctor told me 14, but I’ve read 20 in some articles) days after the vaccine (I’ll be at day 5 tomorrow so a little nervous, although I know it’s very rare). So it wouldn’t really matter where you got the shot.

5 Likes

Maybe you could be useful for showing them it’s fine.

Or not answer the phone/messages for several days then both start faking body spasms the next time you see them, whichever is more fun.

5 Likes

Every time I sneeze at work lately, one of my co workers says, “Are you ok? Is it from the vaccine?” I regret ever telling her that I got the vaccine, because I will be hearing this for the rest of the year…

10 Likes

For goodness sake, why the hell are teachers not higher up the priority list!!!..Taxi drivers are a higher priority???

Teachers are potentially exposed to hundreds and hundreds of disease spreading mini humans every day! Not to mention with the China virus, these kids are mostly asymptomatic. Teachers should be right up there with doctors!

3 Likes

My wife just told her mother we cancelled it, but will get it tomorrow secretly :expressionless:
Her mother is very upset we decided to get it…

2 Likes

Ah Taiwan!

Guy

7 Likes

Yeah, that’d be why I still haven’t told my wife I got the vaccine. What an odd secret that’s been to keep. “Woo hoo! I am SO happy that I’m a step closer to moving on from Covid-World! Oh, best keep quiet about that.”

EDIT:

Yeah, you’re not alone. Me too. Very very very very very exceptionally very rare. But sometimes our brains just worry more than they need to. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to know about it, except every time I suddenly wonder “Wait, am I getting a headache? Am I getting blurred vision?!,” my eyes suddenly have a near-Pavlovian reaction of crossing and blurring my vision. Very annoying.

8 Likes

Well with some of the recent cases in Taiwan recently it will be interesting to see the news report a few days later to see if more people in the priority groups registered to get a shot…or if the numbers continue to remain low.

EDIT: I know some old people that live nearby me who would ask my local friends why aren’t they afraid of me? Because I’m a foreigner so they thought I was somehow dangerous, even after my friend explained that I have been in Taiwan since before Covid started but that didn’t convince them of anything. I asked my friend again if he saw them to ask them if they will get the vaccine…they simply stated that they won’t get any Cocid vaccine.

1 Like

Why eat shit from your mil? Tell her to go …

1 Like