Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

From the article:

A donation of 20,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines from Lithuania is scheduled to arrive in Taiwan on July 31, Taiwan’s representative office in Latvia said Wednesday.

And some of my favorite parts of the article:

“I am proud that we can, albeit in a small way, show solidarity with the Taiwanese people in combating the COVID-19,” he tweeted. “Freedom-loving people should look out for each other!”

Lithuanian Prime Minister Ingrida Simonyte was also cited in the media there as saying that the Baltic country would like to do more, “but we do what we can.”

Meanwhile, there was a surge in monetary donations from Taiwanese to charity groups in Lithuania after it pledged the donation of 20,000 AstraZeneca vaccines to Taiwan.

5 Likes

CECC advicing local gov to delay (pause) the vaccination for middle school and high school teachers:

A lot of teachers were counting on those shots. They won’t be happy.

1 Like

They’re not. And frankly, if you have the vaccines left, why would you not want the people to have them?

2 Likes

A lot of Taiwan companies trying to get contract for manufacturing Novavax , EirGenix owned by Terry Gou is most likely

238,811 doses given yesterday, of which 25,400 were second doses. 315,601 are fully vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/YEyi1SOuycw_RyAxRMOSCw

6 Likes

Are you suggesting that the billionaire that went through so much trouble just to donate million vials of Pfizer vaccine is trying to stop people from getting vaccinated???

I posted this in the info only post, but I’m reposting here because I know we have had a few posters in this thread asking about vaccination without NHI cards.

The CECC said at today’s press conference that foreigners without NHI will be able to register for vaccination starting on 8/6. Instructions are included in the below link for the three different categories of foreigners.

4 Likes

What are you saying?

He wants to manufacture Novavax in Taiwan

There are some sources that says anyone over 50 can now register their preferred vaccine for their second shot. Both my parents are over 65, and when I entered them into the system, the system says they would have to wait until at least Sep 13.

1 Like

My partner and I are both 65+ and we registered for #2 yesterday via the 1922 site. Shot #1 was done on July 14 and it says #2 will be from 22 September.

Still doesn’t make him a villain. If he had any evil plan in mind he wouldn’t have donated 500 M vials of Pfizer.

The CECC further pointed out that mixing vaccines is not available at present

. Individuals in the top three priority groups and pregnant women are considered to be eligible to receive their second dose of the Moderna vaccine 28 days after their first shot, and other individuals are considered eligible to receive a second dose at an interval of 10 to 12 weeks between their two doses.

1 Like

?

I dont know what you are talking about. Who said he is a villain

I thought you were replying to my post. Perhaps that’s a misunderstanding.

1 Like

How long is the wait list for Moderna? I see I can register for it before August 2nd.

Do certain jobs have preference or is it a simple waiting list of first come first serve.

Unless it is your second shot, we don’t know.

For a first shot of Moderna, it’ll depend on the delivery schedule (no details yet) as well as where you fit in the priority sequence (oldest to youngest, not first come first serve).

Some basic details from Audrey here:

Guy

An interesting comparison for your perusal:

1 Like

Those cookiebandit / NY Times / Yahoo News numbers for AZ in Taiwan are way out of whack, best ignore them. Thats what happens when numbers get passed from one source to another - they change!!

But I get the drift, it seems that South Korea has its own Vaccine problems, and thats even with an AZ Manufacturing facility in SK.

Yeah that Cookiebandit seems to have a history of posts shilling for the government with dubious logic and numbers.

Korea has received 25 million shots which is enough for 48% of the population to receive one shot

Taiwan has received 3.84 million which is enough for less than 16% to receive a single shot. Most of Taiwan’s vaccines have been handouts

3 Likes