Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

How can they be donated from COVAX? I dont understand

If I recall correctly only one batch has been from Covax so far and Taiwan is supposed to receive about 2 million from it, so another ~1.5 million or so will be coming from Covax eventually.

If I recall correctly the original orders were 10 million AZ, 5 million Moderna, 2 million from Covax, and then some more later on for local vaccines. These numbers also don’t include any vaccines that have been donated from Japan and the U.S.

Perhaps some of the ins-and-outs of this thread eluded your attention:

The 750,000 doses under discussion are related to those developments.

Guy

1 Like

Right but COVAX is run by the WHO, why would a donation from the US have to go through COVAX? Dont get it

Already posted in the 2nd shot thread, but posting it here as well since a few members here have already gotten a shot.

Can start getting 2nd shot from June 23rd, only for those who got a shot between April 12th and May 9th apparently…got mine on the 11th :neutral_face:

2 Likes

cnn had a report on domestic vaccines

2 Likes

Really hope the Domestic vaccines are good and everything happens on time

3 Likes

so gou’s donation passed?

government authorized/is authorizing them to get vaccine on behalf of Taiwan government.

2 Likes

So we will have 600k+ Moderna by tomorrow after tonight’s COVAX shipment, and 750k US donated vaccines are supposed to arrive soon as well…

These “drops” in the bucket as someone said would help vaccinate a significant portion of the top priority groups… It should help reduce the death rate from future infections for sure…

6 Likes

I hope they start opening up other groups. The lesson of the last year in other countries is that you can count on vaccine hesitancy. This will slow things down eventually if other groups aren’t opened up.

2 Likes

I look forward to this day:

(no I don’t like Trump but I also don’t like masks in the hot outdoor)

Mysterious Picture on Japan Envoy Frank Hsieh’s Facebook with no message. Possible second shipment of Japanese secretly on the way https://www.facebook.com/frankcthsiehfans/photos/10158243562081430

5 Likes

AIT reporting 2.5 million doses of Moderna arriving tomorrow.

11 Likes

Oh wow? So the number of donations is 2.5 million and not 750,000?

3 Likes

Crazy good news!

The US has upped its vaccine diplomacy game. We’ll take it! :upside_down_face:

Guy

4 Likes

Taiwan saving money big time. just ask for free shit and you shall recieve. good on them. Do americans have priority?

Whoa… WHA—??? :flushed: For real???

Between this and COVID number only being 127 today, I gotta say…

4 Likes

Also, @BeachBum get your phone to a charger ASAP!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

No worries sitting next to it, just need to plug in. :slight_smile:

1 Like