Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May/June 2021

If Taipei city and NTC and a dozen local governments all do this, the central government would lose face massively if they deny it. Seriously the pressure is on. They are already losing face because of their unwillingness to deal with Fosun. If even DPP mayors are saying to allow Pfizer in despite the China connection… the president has a lot of face to lose if she outright denies it.

And I know for sure NTC will do this because NTC mayor is KMT

1 Like

Yes, the pressure is on. Good. The people are hurting.

Are there other cities except for Taipei and Nantou that are doing that? Wondering, cause Taipei and Nantou mayors are not DPP.

Did I read Kinmen might be another one?

Of course KMT officials are pushing that line.

Cookies from China (post CCK—you can imagine his position here) seem to be irresistible to them.

Guy

2 Likes

Aka: They need the local gangsta to approve doing deals on their turf.

That’ll be another KMT.

Yep. Green vs. Blue, like Donkey vs. Elephant states in U.S.
Everyone is getting pitted against someone in this [COVID] scenario.

1 Like

Has Fosun said how quickly it can get BnT vaccine delivered? It’s one thing to sell the doses, another to get them delivered.

3 Likes

If Sky Dragon country wants Fosun/BNT/Pfizer vaccines, they will get it.

Regardless of what the greens want.

Is Pfizer BNT even approved in China yet ?

Posted in the general vaccine thread but relevant info for the Taiwan thread too. Pfizer vaccines not being taken up very quickly.

1 Like

All I can find is “by July”.

1 Like

Don’t expect too many vaccines from the US too soon:

The United States’ de facto ambassador to Taiwan said the U.S. has confidence in Taiwan’s ability to contain the recent COVID-19 surge while hinting that Taipei may not be a high priority in the U.S.’ program to send vaccines overseas.

He also noted, however, that many of Taiwan’s neighbors are also experiencing outbreaks and “Taiwan’s infection numbers are still among the lowest around the world,” suggesting that Taiwan’s need for the vaccine is not as urgent as that of those neighbors.

Why in the arm? And not in the behind like a hepatitis shot?

Thank you US, just ask China to make house a call too!

A missed opportunity. Come on US, step up!

Guy

2 Likes

Actually Scishow made a video today on why the arm is better.

Basically, muscle tissue has more blood vessels, but ass tissue tends to be more fat and less blood going to those areas, making immunity slower.

3 Likes

It’s like what I’ve been saying. We have partners, but not reliable partners.

1 Like

We have partners that keep us from flying freeeeee.