Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - November/December 2021

My gym’s given me two free months on my membership for my two jabs. Not bad at all. I’ve saved 1600NT. I wonder if they’ll do the same for boosters?

5 Likes

It’s probably the stuff close to end shelve life?

1 Like

Some Carrefour stores are providing walk-in Vaccinations this afternoon.
As well as gifts for those turning up “People who arrive to receive their COVID-19 jabs at the Carrefour Yilan store will each receive a free NT$100 voucher and a lunchbox containing bread and a drink, the supermarket chain said.” I hope they have enough doses!!!

6 Likes

Vaccines at the Anping Carrefour available today (Sunday 12/5) from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

With gifts available, I guess we’ll find out if people in Tainan (and perhaps more broadly around southern Taiwan) are as cheap as their northern brethren—and if (as I suppose we’ll see) they prefer free gifts more than they dislike vaccines.

Guy

2 Likes

As long as they deliver in the correct order, that being Shot first, then give them the Gift - else they might take the Gift and run.

4 Likes

Foreigners eligible?

I cannot recall any discrimination for getting vaccinations in Taiwan—except in Taipei City in the early days, where it was required to have something (official household registration) that almost none of us have. F&ck you Taipei City! :grin:

Guy

1 Like

Ah I meant for the free goodies haha.

So we should have surpassed the 60% double vaxxed rate over the weekend. And the single dose rate should be at 80% in not too long. Oh and the booster shot vaccination rate is also being considered/calculated now. 0.01% at present.

第1劑施打數 1829萬 78.12%
第2劑施打數 1398.3萬 59.72%
追加劑 2,222 0.01%
3 Likes

177,580 doses were given yesterday, of which 164,201 were second doses, and 2490 were Booster shots. 14,169,298 are now fully vaccinated which is 60.52% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/nltDcuWmqNZGtcRhIgxJBw

6 Likes

We hit 60, baaaaybeeeee!!!

3 Likes

Should be 80% with one dose by the end of this week.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20211206-181350_Chrome

People lining up for shots and vouchers today at main station

6 Likes

You know you’re in Taiwan when…

2 Likes

What is this “shots and vouchers” arrangement?

And how can I get one too? :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

But look at that line! What for 200 nt? It’s my goal in life to avoid that kind of thing in Taiwan. (I know you were just kidding.)

2 Likes

Does anyone know how I can get a second shot of AZ? I originally thought someone would contact me now that it’s been a while since my first shot, but no. I tried searching online but couldn’t find anything. Thanks.

Are you willing to mix-and-match? Have you used the 1922.gov.tw portal to indicate your willingness to also have Moderna or BNT? Has it been eight weeks since your first shot of AZ? If so, you will have a range of options to get the shot you want.

Guy

1 Like

Thanks, didn’t know about that site. I’d prefer to stick to AZ as I’ve already had a shot of it, maybe just my OCD. Yes, it’s been 8 weeks.

On that site, do you know if I have to click on ‘register’ or ‘book vaccination’? I assume the latter as I’ve already had one shot so I suppose I’m registered.

The 1922 online system is now open until noon on December 7 for bookings in the next round—but you will have needed to have registered on the site. Click on “register” to see if you have indicated AZ as your preference.

If so, you should now be eligible to “book vaccination” (i.e. make an appointment) for a shot to be administered between Dec. 9 and Dec. 15.

More details on the current registration round are available here:

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Guy

2 Likes