Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - November/December 2021

I was a bit late. So the deadline to book a shot hasn’t past yet, but I missed the registration deadline which was yesterday. Oops.

Bummer! If one of the walk-up places won’t help you, then watch out for the next round (here again make sure you’ve indicated your preference on the 1922.gov.tw website). If you can, try to keep your eye on this thread too which is more specifically about your situation:

Guy

1 Like

if i dont have NHI. will i be on my own in regards any possible debillitating side effects from the vax

Wait two more weeks. Go to any clinic administering the shots and ask for AZ. No need for registration.

I am going to hold off until they start giving out free apartments :wink:

1 Like

They should gamify this even more. Make then spin a wheel with 100, 200, 1000 NTD on it. We’ll reach 105% in no time :rofl:

1 Like

I already have two shots of MediGen. But because I could travel for work or to visit home (California), I’m still thinking of how to get another international kind of vaccine.

I’m finding out the local vaccine wasn’t a great choice, still hopeful it isn’t terrible for me :confused:

You are eligible for WHO accepted vaccines for travel. Just go do it.

1 Like

If you’re in the Taipei area, they are basically handing out Moderna vaccines this week at Taipei Main Station. Details posted above; you can check out the link below for more details if needed. If you’re also open to mRNA technology, I’d say go for it.

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202112050008

Guy

1 Like

And they’ll pay me to take it! Excellent, this is just the thing. Thanks!

But on the other hand, I hate waiting in line. Wish the online registration were OK.

1 Like

Sorry, I started this earlier and got interrupted, and then forgot about it !!

185,617 doses were given yesterday, of which 167,567 were second doses, and 4,077 were Booster shots. 14,362,320 are now fully vaccinated which is 61.34% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/KHr5YyRu7aQ-oIVzqnCOHQ

5 Likes

Dont be so hard on yourself, we all make mistakes

2 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of dereliction of duty. But we’ll let it pass this time.

2 Likes

193,419 doses were given yesterday, of which 171,285 were second doses, and 3,820 were Booster shots. 14,546,859 are now fully vaccinated which is 62.13% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/y3WSUAXzkBGYDYomvN8baA

4 Likes

75% fully vaccinated by end of 2021. Woo!

2 Likes

That’s the highest number of first doses (roughly 40,000 administered) in quite a while.

Perhaps the “free stuff!” approach—combined with the walk-in-and-get-your Moderna at Taipei Main Station, this week only!—is paying off. :grin:

Guy

6 Likes

I hope that the “free stuff” being given out at Taipei Main Station isn’t a one-way train ticket to Wanhua, followed by a free cup of tea? :grimacing:

2 Likes

NT$100 vouchers for PX Mart!

If I was eligible, I’d be there too. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

I went last night after work to get Moderna after 2 shots of Medigen. I think they close at 8 or something? So I didn’t even have to leave work early.

I was surprised, the lines weren’t long and overall it only took an hour – seemed comparable to the times I made an appointment and then went.

Also at 3 points in the process someone said that I can’t get Moderna after Medigen. But I’m a foreigner (and white and male fwiw) and insisted each time, so the highest doctor on site was OK with it.

In a month I wonder how I’ll get does #2, but that can wait.

Maybe during Chinese New Year I can go visit my parents. It’s been a while.

8 Likes

Congrats! I’m delighted this worked out.

Guy