Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - November/December 2021

Anyone know if there is any hospital with walk-in to get Medigen right now?

Not sure about Medigen. Call 1922 to find out?

The Moderna giveaway fair at Taipei Main Station has been a hit, and has now been extended up until and including Sunday December 12. No appointment needed; just roll up. Shots are available from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily.

More details here: Moderna shots for Taiwanese, foreigners available at Taipei Main Station until Dec. 12 | Taiwan News | 2021-12-08 15:40:00

Guy

Probably more to do with the fact that thousands of people are being threatened with unemployment if they don’t comply. I’m pretty certain nobody is queuing for a NT$100 voucher.

:rofl:

Guy

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Right. People aren’t worried at all about losing their jobs, they just want that $100.

I think this thread has jumped the shark.

No offense, but Taiwanese people would line up for a kick in the ass for a $100 NT voucher.

12 Likes

I suspect this is how Mr Finley would view Moderna’s product.

Which sort of proves your point. :upside_down_face:

Guy

3 Likes

Something about woods and trees springs to mind. I’m guessing nobody here depends upon waiting tables to pay the rent. But carry on.

A free cube of pork on a cocktail stick at Costco will create a line of people virtually round the building.

4 Likes

I know of 2 people personally who have been ‘forced’ to get the vaccine or lose their job.
So let’s assume the line is a mix of voucher-chasers and the mandated.

3 Likes

Waiters/waitresses are paid minimum wage here, they are not tips based like in the US. So waiting tables don’t necessarily pay big but at least pays.

Also anyone knows when can I get a third booster?

The initial policy was six months after your second shot. But now they’ve pushed it up to five months after the second shot. They are currently using Moderna for this purpose.

EDIT: The thread you’ll want to consult in the future is this one:

Guy

2 Likes

More BNT arriving today - 1,923,500 doses even.

5 Likes

165,804 doses were given yesterday, of which 150,477 were second doses, and 2,767 were Booster shots. 14,716,533 are now fully vaccinated which is 62.85% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/jiTl6J4MEMEv65JJKqQtBw

5 Likes

See what I mean? Huge turnout when you can get 100nt gift certificate for getting the vaccine.

4 Likes

The professor quoted in that Yahoo News article is pretty funny!

:rofl:

Guy

120,723 doses were given yesterday, of which 81,463 were second doses, and 5,311 were Booster shots. 14,808,239 are now fully vaccinated which is 63.25% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/DaY37Tu2cNrdv0w-KxHa1A

1 Like

This is why I NEVER go near Starbucks on a buy-1-get-1-free day….

4 Likes

I passed through Taipei Main Station this afternoon and a quick look showed the whole Chessboard area and its surrounds to be fully occupied. Those who own the eating establishments around the perimeter were doing good business as well.

5 Likes