Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - November/December 2021

170,785 doses were given yesterday, of which 123,962 were second doses, and 5,727 were Booster shots. 14,938,092 are now fully vaccinated which is 63.80% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/vIPKK70CSpyoLiYMyKOnUQ

3 Likes

The approximately 40,000 new first shots are again well above average lately. So good work with the handout of freebies!

The Moderna giveaway at Taipei Main Station, btw, has been extended and is still on today and tomorrow (i.e. Saturday and Sunday), from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Anyone in line at closing time will apparently be helped. If you’re sitting on the fence, and in the vicinity of the capital, I can’t imagine a better opportunity. I would have given part of my left arm for this in the early days! No appointment needed and no cost to you—just show up. Citizens and noncitizens alike are welcome.

Guy

3 Likes

Agreed, just rock up and get a shot without the trouble of making an appointment. Just take phone or something to read while waiting. Probably too hard to go without appointment’s in the early days as they might have been overwhelmed.

1 Like

Where can one find the vaxidents and deaths due to jabs in Taiwan?

Did you find out any information?
I would hedge a bet, you would be on your own.

114,486 doses were given over the weekend, of which 80,812 were second doses, and 885 were Booster shots. 15,025,155 are now fully vaccinated which is 64.17% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/2QFntF2m3_xJ2zsS3rldVA

5 Likes

The Great Moderna Giveaway at Taipei Main Station has been a hit. Here are some shots from Saturday:

With heaps of Moderna vaccines still available, this popular venue will continue to offer walk-in vaccination service up to and including next Tuesday December 21; service available 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm daily. No appointment is needed; first shot or second shot are fine; if you received first shot AZ and are willing to follow up with Moderna that’s also fine. Citizens and noncitizens alike are welcome.

There’s no better time than now to get your shot. Let’s get this done, people!

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202112120014

Guy

8 Likes

Great stuff

1 Like

Yes it is!

And if any forumosans prefer BNT to Moderna, that vaccine will be available as well in the next round via the 1922.gov.tw portal. The appointment system will open again tomorrow (Tuesday December 14) at 10:00 am; the system will remain open until Wednesday December 15 at noon. Eligible people to use this booking system include the following:

1. 1st BNT dose: Aged 12 and older (born on or before Dec. 16, 2009).
  2. 2nd BNT dose: Aged 18 and older (born on or before Dec. 31, 2003) and received their first BNT dose on or before Nov. 18.
  3. BNT dose following AZ dose: Aged 18 and older (born on or before Dec. 16, 2003) and received their first AZ dose on or before Oct. 21.

More details here: Taiwan's 18th round of vaccines includes BNT shots for kids 12 and over | Taiwan News | 2021-12-13 16:06:00

Guy

2 Likes

We will all need BNT boosters next year from the sounds of it. Hope they have enough!

It seems Moderna will be used for this purpose.

But currently, there are still heaps of BNT left for first and second doses (not for the boosters).

Guy

That’s my hope about the 100nt vouchers. I’ll be the first in line for my booster if I can get the coupon.

1 Like

So…what happening to medigen? updates?

Medigen is still available if you want it.

From the Taiwan News article linked above:

Chuang emphasized that inoculations with all brands, including BNT, Moderna, Medigen, and AstraZeneca, can be obtained at medical institutions that contract with local health departments, hospitals under the Ministry of Health and Welfare, hospitals run by the Veterans Affairs Council, and outpatient clinics affiliated with the Ministry of National Defense.

Friday night outpatient clinics also provide a Moderna vaccination service. Chuang urged the public to call these institutions to arrange for vaccination to ensure they can complete their immunization against the virus as soon as possible.

Guy

1 Like

Well as forecasted by my, Taiwan won’t reach 80 percent fully vaccinated without opening up the borders. Looks like it will reach 80/70 or so for now.
Danger being that it’s mainly the old not getting vaccinated, while that is the group that profits from it…

And guessing based on the numbers that 5-10 percent refuse second shot after first… This still holds up too.

Say what? :thinking:

Guy

3 Likes

As long as something is free …

1 Like

Taiwanese social distancing.

1 Like

Hey there were vouchers being given away! All rules are therefore off. :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: COVID Mischaracterisations