Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - November/December 2021

We already had ours. Masks on at the beginning then slowly all off! The two singers singled me out for some questioning (well, to be fair, also the boss). The singers were aborigine. When I told them my aborigine name and some other things they warmed up to me so no harm done. We had also two bottles of good scotch at our table so again all good.

You never know … if the PRC gets desperate for something to replace its own Placebo vaccine…

But, I don’t think Taiwan would be that desperate for PRC goodwill.

If Medigen were magic against Omicron . . . and if the PRC imported that stuff for their domestic market . . . I imagine it’d probably be relabelled “Glorious Chinese Vaccine Made by Chinese Taipei, Province of China, Since Ancient Times.” Or something like that. :neutral_face:

Guy

Me too. I am also not clear about how long the booster is effective or how effective it is against the new variants that have emerged after the vaccines were developed. The information available is conflicting depending on the author’s viewpoint.

I’ve heard officials in Canada say that the boosters (which take 14 days or so to be fully effective—it’s not some magic pill) can roughly increase protection against infection by Omicron by around four times. Of course we know by now that double dosed protection against infection by Omicron is really low. The latest number I’ve seen (from Ontario in Canada) is around 13%! So multiply that by four. I guess it’s better than nothing.

Protection again hospitalization and landing in intensive care, thankfully, seems to be holding steady against Omicron. Here even double dose without a booster really seems to help.

Guy

2 Likes

77,633 doses were given yesterday, of which 60,337 were second doses, and 9,724 were Booster shots. 15,808,950 are now fully vaccinated which is 67.57% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/fF3OFAsSA8ftPptNtYsf7g

4 Likes

3 Likes

113,697 doses were given yesterday, of which 92,703 were second doses, and 12,059 were Booster shots. 15,919,520 are now fully vaccinated which is 68.05% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/PgBLLk6FoHqpVLlgBHUx0g

5 Likes

And another 938,300 doses of BNT arrived in Taiwan this morning. The total BNT doses that have arrived is now 13,336,200 .

6 Likes

Nice little jump there. They’ve started the 12-17 year olds at their schools. My daughter in HS received her second BNT shot yesterday. She can attend online classes today instead of going to school. No side effects and I’m happy about that.

3 Likes

I suspected that was the reason for the sudden jump. Best wishes for your daughter too.

2 Likes

The bnt arrivals this year were above expectations

1 Like

I hope they go to four months for the boosters, like in Belgium from five months to four months after second shot. I’m at three now.

A few have reduced to 4 months, even Australia. Given the good availability of doses available in Taiwan now, it may well reduce from 5 to 4 months here soon.

1 Like

Latest CECC Notification of Adverse Events after COVID-19 Vaccination

Report #1101229.

Suspected serious adverse events after vaccination; Deaths: 1225.

2 Likes

202,841 doses were given yesterday, of which 175,332 were second doses, and 16,577 were Booster shots. 16,117,933 are now fully vaccinated which is 68.90% of the Total Population.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/CQi6I_r4yiz-5DkYIlBvLg

5 Likes