Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - September/October 2021

Hope is good. Portugal is interesting with achieving normal. Israel isn’t working out so well.

It’s certainly not a clear cut deal.

Someone somewhere wrote how to get the (paid) vaccine passport, ie a document you can use outside of Taiwan to prove vaccination status. Anyone know who/where to contact?

Yes, just went to same place I got 1st shot, some days later got call up for 2nd shot.

1 Like

That is really insane. What if the country they are living in deports them, where do they go?

They live in an airport

1 Like

I dont think that NZ has banned its Citizens from entry, its just that there are very few flights to NZ and those that are cost around Business Class + fares. Australia is similar, ban on Citizens exiting, but entry is OK, just need lots of patience and heaps of moolah.

With nearly 6m vaccine doses in Taiwan now that have not been given out (that is 25% of the doses received so far) - it looks like Taiwan is reaching the point were some vaccines - notably - Astra Zeneca have higher supply then demand. Clearly there are still many people waiting for Moderna/Pfizer shots - also first - but how many?

By yesterday Taiwan has received 23.8 Million vaccine doses - with around 6 million shots waiting to be administered: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202110090016

I do guess that in one month from now supply will be bigger than demand (as many people will need to wait to get the second shot if they get the first shot in the coming 1-2 weeks) for most vaccines - not only Astra Zeneca.
By January Taiwan will donate vaccines to other countries - I guess this is well possible if Taiwan cannot get very high vaccination rates like i.e. Portugal?

The strategy of a long interval between first and second dose is now paying off.
Phrased otherwise - Taiwan has now already received more doses than they need to meet the 70%/30% vaccinated goad for end of October.

3 Likes

Finally obtained a vaccination appointment.

Very happy.

7 Likes

It’s the “Yellow Book” vaccination record (called 黃皮書 here).
If you got your vaccinations at a hospital, then it should be fairly straightforward. Book an appointment at the travel clinic of the hospital, and go with your passport/ID and the yellow local vaccination card.

I got mine at Mackay Hospital. Most of the other people in the waiting area were there for the same reason.

The process is fairly easy. When you check in you are given the Yellow Book to fill in with your name, date of birth, nationality etc, which you give back to the nurse. When your number comes up, you see the doctor for a couple of minutes while they look up your vaccination record and confirm your details (not really the best use of their time?). Then you go to pay. Once you bring back the receipt you wait a few more mins and the nurse gives you the completed Yellow Book, with the jab details, various stamps and signatures required. They also include the batch numbers.

Thanks! But if I got vaccinated at a clinic, where to then get the “Yellow Book”?

1 Like

Well I have got an appointment on Thursday morning at the EXPO site. Bit of a hassle though as the Booking system didnt like me (why are we not surprised!!), so my partner got on the phone. It seems that there were two causes, one being the ARC No issue (old one is linked to NHI, new one isn’t), but also that my first shot was in New Taipei City. So much for what their booking form said, seems they didn’t know the difference between “and” vs “or”. But, it was my lucky day, as the very helpful lady on the other end decided that I should get an appointment, and that she did after ‘fixing’ a few things so my details would go through.

Now lets hope that this rain ends before then.

5 Likes

Ditto! :grin:

Guy

4 Likes

The CDC website seems to imply that you can just take your yellow vaccine record to a travel clinic at any of the main hospitals to get it. I assume there is a central database of vaccines which the hospital can access, even if the vaccine was given elsewhere.

Also it might worth asking at the clinic where you had the jabs to see if they can suggest what you should do.

2 Likes

Perhaps a Mod could add this post to the Thread at

I can’t seem to figure out if I have to redo something on the vaccine registration appointment? my age range is now coming up for the BNTpfizer vaccine, and I do have my profile set to moderna and Pfizer, but once my age range is up, do I need to go and do something else on the 1922 website? or do they just send me a text message?

309,885 doses given over the 3 day weekend, of which 272,303 were second doses. 4,480,974 are now fully vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/TikFwk1On34dwvANI9Y06A

3 Likes

I sure hope the rate goes up this week. There are millions of doses available.

1 Like

I’ll be doing my part. My first appointment is next Monday. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

I am thinking of #3. I got AZ here in the spring with the Self paid thing. Then Pfizer in Usa in June so I figure I could go get my second AZ here as a booster since it seems a mix is not ok to travel to us after November.

1 Like

If you have proof of a Pfizer vaccine, you should try to persuade one of the clinics to administer BNT to you—especially if you want to travel to the US in the near future, as mixed vaccination is not currently being accepted by the authorities there, despite data showing it works really well!

Guy

2 Likes