Costco Thread 2020

Guac cups in Kaohsiung in chilled cheese section

2 Likes

Sure, they’re close to the frozen pizza and the chicken bakes. I’m in Taichung and bought these a few weeks ago.

6 Likes

Oh, I meant to look for those in the Guandu Costco last week, but forgot.

For what it’s worth the Churchill’s stand in the Zhishan / Tianmu Carrefour sells quite good meat pies (freshly cooked, or frozen).

4 Likes

I just went to Beitou Costco at opening (10am) to make a quick run and return home for 11am calls. Some findings:
Apparently there’s a big sale going on. And the store opens at 9am this week, and 8am Fri-Sun (I think).
Blueberries all over the place…fresh, frozen, pesticide free…so many blueberries
No pumpkin pies. NO PUMPKIN PIES!
The place was absolutely packed with people, but when I checked out at 10:20am, the checkouts were still empty.

1 Like

lol

570,999 TWD

d5288517

2 Likes

Pricey. That’s US$2,000 per ounce at today’s TWD exchange rate. Gold is selling for US$1,872 per ounce currently.

2 Likes

That is not really investment grade gold. If you are investing you would not be buying it at Costco. You’d pay market price at whatever gold dealer…

Ditto. Unfortunately one bag leaked when we got home and stained our floor a lovely shade of purple.

2 Likes

Eggnog in stock today at Zhonghe Costco. They only had the boozy one (14.75% vol), but no non-alcoholic version (yet).
No pumpkin pie.

2 Likes

Pecans? Am I missing something?

I love these Beef Pies. I bought a bunch of them when they were in stock.

1 Like

IIRC last year the non alcoholic followed the acoholic very closely. Really looking forward to grabbing a few (!) Cartons of that as they sold out so fast.

I checked Kaohsiung Costco for them the other day and they were gone too… hopefully just a supply chain issue and they didn’t go the way of the praline pecans.

Got some at Neihu Costco yesterday. There wasn’t a lot there however. The week previous there was no stock at all. That was a run of a few weeks leading up to that point as well.

1 Like

What do you mean, sir? Are you aware of pecans?

this isn’t your grandmother’s eggnog. This liqueur contains real dairy cream, whiskey, spiced rum, brandy, and French vanilla, clocking in at 14.75 percent alcohol

2 Likes

How long does that stuff last in the fridge after opening? If it’s a week or so, sounds great. If it’s only a day or two … that sounds kind of dangerous.

1 Like

I dont know if its the same thing but KHH Costco has those 2 packs of long salami with hazelnuts inside. They’re not bad.

2 Likes

I really like those. With some cheese and it’s a perfect meal for me.