Costco Thread 2021

Yeah, wouldn’t it be way easier for the people who really want crunchy peanut butter to just add some crushed peanuts to the smooth version? :thinking:

2 Likes

I was the only that posted the frozen spinach. Just curious, did you see how much it cost and if it’s the same thing as this?

Also do people see the Kirkland frozen blueberries 2.27k bags in their stores? I haven’t seen it in the zhonghe stores the last few times I been.

Serves them right, though.

I remember it being in a cardboard box that was a sort of dark blue in color. Strange. Maybe I looked at the wrong product, but the label on the shelf was definitely “frozen spinach”. I think the price was under 500NT. This was at Guandu, don’t know if they stock it in all the stores.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it in a few months.

I don’t know if it was those or the “wild blueberries”, but they definitely had one of them.

They have the “nature’s touch” brand of frozen blueberry , but not the kirkland at my costco. I find this odd that they wouldn’t push their own brand. The nature’s touch blueberries are small, the kirkland brand are big, which is why I prefer kirkland’s.

They’d better get them back in stock soon - I’m running low as well. Down to my last half a bag. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah, I agree - the wild ones are smaller, with a smaller pack size, and more expensive. Better than nothing, but I much prefer the regular ones.

Last two Costco visits for the French bread that comes in like 4 separate plastic sheets, if that makes sense, was unsuccessful…

How will I eat my damn prosciutto now…

Wild vs. cultured (farmed)

On cantaloupe or honeydew melon!

They have the Kirkland blueberries online, but charge you 60 NTD more for shipping.

I’ve never used their delivery service, but I thought you needed to have a Costco/Cathay/whatever-branded credit card to order online (and I don’t). I’m not really willing to pay the markup on everything either, to be honest.

So if you do not have these credit cards you cannot use this? You cannot just pay in cash in the store and still have it delivered?

That’s what I thought, yes. But I’m the wrong person to ask as I’ve never done either. :slight_smile:

Just add water? Wow … certainly different times compared to the 90s.

Just noticed my local Costco has stopped selling all protein powder.

Online, they still have Muscle Farm in stock, but On Optimum Nutritional Isolate is out of stock, and On Gold (the one I bought) has disappeared.

Anytime know if this is temporary, or are they stopping selling certain brands like On? Hope not as Costco was the only cheap source of protein powder on the island.

Yes, I bought the frozen spinach in store a few weeks ago. Inside the box are 4 bags with the same packaging as pictured. Don’t remember the exact price, but in the neighborhood of 500 NT. Quality was good.

I still see the French bread intermittently at the Xizhi branch.

I noticed the quantity seems much lower each time though than when it launched, and it’s not always in the same location. You might want to ask the person at the service counter with computer to check if they have it when you go. They’ll bring it up to the counter for you if they have it, so you don’t have to hunt it down.

1 Like

That would be a huge markup from online price then. Online is 12 bags for 799. I agree the quality is good.

Out of curiosity, why is it that even though there are zero locally-transmitted cases of WuFlu, Costco has decided to remove 75% of the seating from its food court? Does this make any sense to anyone other than American Democrat governors? Is it magically going to stop the spread of a disease that the government claims doesn’t even exist in Taiwan?