Costco Thread 2021

There was some locally transmitted cases about a month ago. The fact that they were able to stop it from spreading to the whole island could be seen as the precautions people take and things people are doing is working.

2 Likes

Have they? I noticed that all the seats were pulled last year then have come back - I don’t think that I’ve ever sat in the food court so am not sure what number of seats are back but people are sitting directly next to each other - if they have reduced capacity, it’s because they’ve pushed people into a more confined area.

It looked like there were a few tables missing at Neihu when I went two weeks ago. Maybe I’m misremembering. I thought there used to be tables right along the fountain drinks but when I was going up the elevator there weren’t any. But there were tables everywhere else, so it didn’t make sense to me.

They took them down, then put them back, then down again, now up…it depends on the regulations.

In theory people can eat again on the train, for example, now that the Taoyuan cluster is gone.

Went to costco today. They had the kirkland frozen blueberry back in stock.

2 Likes

They got the Danone yogurt back in!!!

Just the inferior peach/passionfruit type, though, not the superior blueberry type. Figures.

They had this in the Guandu store yesterday.

Also the smooth Skippy peanut butter, but still in the microjars. I think they just haven’t run out of those yet and will probably bring out the big ones when they finish off what people aren’t buying.

Yet more proof that crunchy is the superior peanut butter, which all right-thinking people prefer.

1 Like

Happy to report that Costco has restarted their sample serving (at least in Zhonghe). Taiwan is one of the few (perhaps only) places in the world where Costco is serving samples.

1 Like

Spinach at Nankan.

1 Like

AirPods, all models sold out today at Nankan.

Shouldn’t trust my memory. Turns out the price is just $349 in store, and it’s for 6 bags, not 4. So, just a bit cheaper per bag than ordering online.

Any thoughts on/experience with the Costco Instant Pot Duo SV? I’ve never used an Instant Pot before but I’m contemplating buying one (mostly to try sous vide cooking, making pulled pork, cochinita pibil, etc.). I couldn’t find too many reviews of this model online.

Bought one recently at the sale price of 2999, if you can wait it will likely be discounted again in the near future. Haven’t plugged it in yet so no idea if it is any good. I seem to remember the same, or very similar, model is available in the US as I wanted to check for an English manual before buying, try a google search on Costco Instapot.

Ohhh, when was that? It’s already in my shopping trolley. :grimacing:

I did look through the Costco leaflet thing for the next few weeks as it arrived in my mailbox today, and it wasn’t listed in there. I’m not sure I have the patience to wait now haha.

Just do the local thing, buy it now and then wait until it’s discounted and buy another one. Immediately go to the returns desk and return it as the first item for the higher price!

1 Like

Good idea haha. Can we (um…they) actually get away with that?

Pretty much standard practice here. I believe in other countries there is a period of time within which Costco will refund the difference e.g. if I bought something and within a short period of time Costco discount it then I could go to the service counter and request a refund of the difference, could be just online orders though.

Anyhow, staff here are well aware, you don’t even have to ask, they’ll see you just bought the item and are returning it immediately so will check your purchase history and give you the higher price back.

Edit, add a link Costco Price Adjustment: Everything You Need to Know to Make It Happen (rather-be-shopping.com)

1 Like

Cat owners: Arm n Hammer 's kitty litter is 100 NTD off, do about 289 or less if I recall correctly.

Two boxes per customer though.

1 Like

don’t they weigh around 20kg?

Yep. Bring your trolley. Hope you live somewhere with an elevator.

1 Like