Costco Thread 2022

Well they will eat more pork if they put pork in everything. Guess beef is getting expensive

2 Likes

Quite a few locals on Facebook complaining that they’re stuffed with fatty pork and not particularly nice, Costco are already saying they’ll be experimenting with different fillings so not off to a great start!

I don’t know if this is the worst news that Taiwan has given me, or actually something not that bad. I may not gain some weight thanks to it.

1 Like

What is a “beef roll”?

3 Likes

Are these “beef rolls” sold in the deli the same thing you can buy in the frozen foods section, called Chicken Bakes and Beef Bakes?

Similar but freshly made

1 Like

Just got a phone call from someone at my local Costco telling me about their current promotions and asked me and my family to visit them soon. That was weird. Is this a regular thing with the Costco in Taiwan? It had never occurred to me in the US all the years I was a member…

No, it’s just you, you’re special. VIP service maybe?

Strange! I am not even an Executive Member…

Maybe you’re being targeted based on your behavior at Costco stores. Have you by any chance looked for nonalcoholic eggnog in recent weeks?

It’s very likely that they targeted me based on my shopping behavior. Maybe they consider me a Costco superfan. :slight_smile: I doubt that it has anything to do with eggnog though, as the person that called never mentioned it.

BTW, it looks like Costco just “updated” their app, and it’s terrible. It’s basically the same as the US Costco app (just the mobile version of the Costco website). Some nice features in the old Taiwan Costco app, such as adding promotion items and events to a list for future reference is gone. Anyone else hates it?

My wife got a similar call yesterday.

1 Like

Quality street. 479 instead of 599. Still expensive but it is Christmas.

Bought the cookies too. They are much harder/snappier than previously. They were softer in previous years. Maybe I got an overbaked batch.

Is Costco open on Christmas day here? And if so, is it crazier? Or just a normal Costco day?

1 Like

Of course it is open.

It is Sunday so it will be crazy.

3 Likes

Went today and it was fucking insane. Instantly regretted it. I imagine it will be even worse tomorrow.

3 Likes

I wondered where to buy quality street, didn’t know and I was in ZhongHe Costco yesterday, didn’t think of looking.
Oh well we need to weight down.
I want a purple one now.

1 Like

Get it delivered!

2 Likes

2023 thread here: Costco Thread 2023