Costco Thread 2022

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Where can I buy good bread in Taipei?

So today at Zhonghe Costco, the wife forgot her wallet containing her local membership card. Her mother recently added her. I had been delaying cancelling my USA membership. We used mine to get in and went to the ATM in anticipation of not having a suitable credit card. At checkout the employee suggested trying the Costco Citi visa. It worked! I thought I had read many times that that would be a no-go.

I guess this is more useful for the visitors than long term residents.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s also a new option on the website to use non-Taiwan cobranded Costco credit cards (CCCCs).

1 Like

you mean i can use a US Costco card? or i can use a regular TW card on the website?

Cards issued in the US and other places:

2 Likes

Pumpkin pie season has started.

5 Likes

I have been using my US Costco card at the store for the last 2.5 years. But was told I can not use or sign up with my US membership on the Taiwanā€™s website. Has this changed?

Iā€™m after frozen spinach and dried Jackfruit that Costco was selling in Zhonghe store, any chance spotted in another Taipei branch?

The Tuscan almond biscotti are nice.

I have not been to Costco in years. Somehow having to pay a membership fee is off-putting.

Iā€™ve seen the frozen spinach consistently and recently at the Xizhi branch. Didnā€™t check for dried fruit.

2 Likes

I feel you man, thatā€™s why I dont go to gyms.

2 Likes

Appears to haveā€¦ normally you cannot use your overseas costco card for buying things from the costco online store

Just went to the website. They now accept international members. But not US, they list Spain, Mexico, France, South Korea, Japan, Australia, UK, and Iceland. Isnā€™t Costco an US company???

1 Like

3 years ago a good friend of mine tried to open an account at CitiBank but was told that they donā€™t open accounts for Americans (despite having an APRC)ā€¦

I guess Americans just donā€™t like other Americans :man_shrugging:

I asked them and they said the same. You need a Taiwanese Costco card to use their website.

Strange. Bananas posted that you can use US credit card on their website

1 Like

I think itā€™s that you can use your US credit card with your TW membership.

2 Likes

Does Costco Taiwan allow you to return apple products bought in store like they do in the states? Also do apple products come with 3 year warranty if bought using your Costco credit card similar to Costco in the states?

yes, but for electronics there is a limited return window.
dont know about the warranty.