Costco Thread 2023

I just got a phone call from Costco saying that the blueberries I bought were in the recalled batch. I bought them around 2 months ago and my wife and kid have eaten them about every other day for breakfast. Neither have seemed sick, but they said the two of them could go for a blood test.

1 Like

The Ministry of Health and Welfare is to release data on suspected hepatitis A cases every day, as well as hold a news conference every Wednesday on food safety matters.
Included in the daily report would be product recall data and information on potential cases, such as whether they had consumed suspected berries

So what about those people who got Hep A. What is Costco going to do? Free membership for a year?

Are there any such people?

Not sure. I follow the Taiwan news through all of you. Are there any?

1 Like

So we’re going to be seeing daily/weekly placards again with “imported” hepatitis A cases and a big zero in the box…? :yawning_face:

whether they had consumed suspected berries

What’s a “suspected berry”? I still have most of a bag in the freezer, and I’m pretty sure they’re real, actual berries, but how can I be sure? Maybe they’re something else masquerading as berries?

two false positives

CDC finds both Taipei and New Taipei suspected hepatitis A cases to be negative after initially showing false positives.
https://twitter.com/taipei_times/status/1655839088132636672

1 Like

That means “no” then. Someone incorrectly testing positive when they’re not shouldn’t really be a news story.

It’s a big nothingberry.

5 Likes

A special membership card that lets you skip to the front of any free sample line.

8 Likes

Sign me up for that

1 Like

Just start saying loudly that you caught Hep A and the crowds will part for you.

Taiwanese don’t like being near any kind of sickness.
Whether you can catch it or not.

6 Likes

Imagine what if you caught hep a from eating free samples?

5 Likes

Risks of the job of grifting

1 Like

They are quick when is a waigou company involve.

1 Like

Just received another SMS from Costco. Looks like they’re now giving out an additional “consolation payment” equal to the purchase price, plus NT$500 for testing if needed and “relevant reasonable medical expenses” for people with confirmed symptoms.

https://www.costco.com.tw/berry-0511

2 Likes

Frozen Strawberries also confirmed with Hepatitis A virus

2 Likes

This is getting a little weird.

2 Likes

Fruits are too dangerous. We should just eat at McDonalds.

2 Likes

Found the berries packaging guy at Costco

45b9e8d7-2beb-4dd9-86bf-2fb4bf3eb971_text

4 Likes