Costco Thread 2023

Bought a pack of 6 bottles of kombucha at Costco. I can’t remember how much it cost. I’m doing this to improve my gut health/bacteria. Heard about kombucha but had no idea it was available in Taiwan. Had my first small glass this morning. Together with uncooked garlic, dark chocolate, lots of veggies, some fruit every day, and some kimchi now and then, I’m thinking my gut microbiome is getting better and better. (I’m doing this to help my mental health, in case anyone’s wondering).

2 Likes

If you took a random sample of kombucha drinkers, do you think their mental health would be better than average? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not to mention help with the digestive process, which when successful always put people in a good mood, compared of course to constipated.

Though I agree the kombucha pushing gangs that also affiliate with vegans and the diet du jour followers might still be looking for inner peace.

Anyways, every bit helps, says someone who takes pro and probiotics enzymes, fiber, green juices…

2 Likes

ghastly

1 Like

It’s not necessarally the 2% that makes it worth it. There are sometimes “executive discounts.” For example a coffeemaker I bought had a 1,000NTD executive discount. This meant I now only had $650NTD to make up the difference… then there were numerous other executive discounts on other items… and finally I got a 2,500NTD voucher.

This plus having the costco credit card more than wiped the membership fee

2 Likes

Not going enough yet to costco, but once finally moving out fron the inlaws will defo consider that

However this year I did go down to the basic one as I felt it was making me spend too much…

1 Like

What does the garlic do? I’m making yogurt, super easy. I got COVID a second time and I only noticed because my stomach so I’m interested in gut health.

2 Likes

Ha, ha! I haven’t even heard of kombucha until maybe one or two months ago when I started to look into improving my gut microbiome. Are they a weird group of folks? I don’t doubt it.

I kind of like the taste and like how the bottle fizzes when I open it (“something is definitely alive in there” is what I thought the first time).

2 Likes

I’m part Korean. I can’t help absolutely loving raw garlic.

4 Likes

that’s normally not good

1 Like

Garlic is a prebiotic, which means it helps the bacteria in your gut multiply. There are probiotics (yogurt, kombucha, kimchi) and prebiotics (garlic, dark chocolate, veggies?).

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great for throat infections. Not great for kissing.

1 Like

Move over beans. Raw garlic will cause me to not be able to be in a room with myself

2 Likes

I am a fervent believer in fermented beverages. They really have a substantial positive impact on mental health.

3 Likes

So drink more wine!

1 Like

Ha! And don’t think for a second that I haven’t researched this. The answer seems to be “yes” it helps (but in moderation).

2 Likes

source

Went and collected my hepatitisberry compensation payment today, and had to sign an agreement absolving Costco of any further responsibility.

I then proceeded to spend it on a 1 L bottle of Glenfiddich 15 to help me get over the emotional turmoil.

The staff weren’t sure if/when they’d be getting the berries back in stock, unfortunately. I guess this has been quite an expensive problem for Costco, all in all.

4 Likes