Covid-19 Research Thread

From FB

From Travis Alan: Y’all…
Did you know that nobody has ever died of AIDS?
They die from pneumonia, or TB, or some other infection that kills them. But not AIDS. So is AIDS a hoax, too? 100% of deaths have other causes.

Nobody dies or coronary artery disease, either. They die of a heart attack or cardiac arrest. Is CAD a hoax, too?

Nobody dies of a heroin overdose either. They die from cardiac arrest. Is that a hoax, too?

I hope y’all agree that these are absurd conclusions from medical and biological realities.

So stop sharing an article that derives a bogus and grossly misstated headline from CDC tables. Saying that 94% died of other things, too, is a significant misunderstanding.

Something like 80% of COVID deaths (so almost all of that 94% number) see pneumonia or the end results of pneumonia as a cause of death. Does that mean they didn’t die because of COVID? These people didn’t have pneumonia before. They got it as a result of the COVID infection.

Also, you know what happens when your lungs stop working because you have COVID? Your heart works too hard and then craps out (the official medical term). Cardiac arrest. That’s a cause of death listed on many death certificates of those who succumb to COVID.

Also, COVID attacks a thing called ACE2. Through a few different biological processes, taking ACE2 out of commission causes your body to release Von Willebrand Factor. This leads to blood clotting everywhere. Some blood types absolutely eviscerate VWF. O type blood crushes it. Thus the lower death rates for O type blood (lower rate does NOT mean you can’t contract it and die with O type blood). But clots everywhere also leads to … you guessed it, cardiac arrest.

Many others have renal failure identified on the death certificate. Guess what causes renal failure? Clots. Caused by COVID.

You know what doesn’t happen in normal circumstances? Clusters of people sick with the same thing don’t cluster into neat piles of deaths with pneumonia, cardiac arrest, and renal failure.

I’m serious. Y’all sharing these articles with extremely misleading headlines thinking this means that 94% of COVID deaths are actually caused by other things is patently false and dangerous. Promise you this.

No, I’m not saying, hey, thou must liveth in fear. Live how you want (just keep away from my family for now if you’re being reckless since we deal with underlying comorbitity, my sarcoidosis, in this house ).

But please, please understand that the CDC tables do NOT say what you think they say. They just mean that COVID causes several different things in the body of those who do succumb to it.

3 Likes

""Jeff Lancashire, acting associate director for communications at the NCHS, told us in an email that while 94 percent of death certificates that mention COVID-19 also listed other conditions, the underlying cause of death was COVID-19 in almost all of them.

“The underlying cause of death is the condition that began the chain of events that ultimately led to the person’s death,” he said. “In 92 percent of all deaths that mention COVID-19, COVID-19 is listed as the underlying cause of death.”"

The idea is that, by studying the PBMCs, the scientists might find evidence that people had been widely infected by other coronaviruses - those, for instance, responsible for many common colds - and that, as a result, they might enjoy some degree of immunity to Covid-19.

“It’s a hypothesis. Some level of pre-existing cross-protective immunity… might explain why the epidemic didn’t unfold (the way it did in other parts of the world),” said Professor Madhi, explaining that data from scientists in the United States appeared to support the hypothesis of some pre-existing immunity.

covid-death-rate

Some good news.

1 Like

russia is always a good source

Lancet is a credible source. I believe they’re the oldest peer review medical journal in the world.

1 Like

we’ll see how well this vaccine does over time. personally, i’m not convinced and it’s politically motivated.

Sure. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t work though. Safety is the concern imo.

well, it’s higly doubtful. it skipped some research requirements. it’s from a questionable source. as mentioned before, covid-19 immunity is very questionable. there have been some cases proofen that.

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s easy to frame the question in a way that can be proven false.

What many people actually said was the ‘CDC quietly updated COVID-19 death statistics to show that only 6% of deaths had no other contributing co-morbidity’. And that of those 6%, 90% were advanced in age.

I know of four people who got covid with obvious symptoms, three in 40s , one in 20s. They were almost all hospitalised or requested hospitalisation at some point (some couldn’t get in), they were genuinely fearful for their life due to breathing problems and they have/had other weird and lagging symptoms. It’s not like the flu , they said it was 10x worse than any flu they ever had. It seeems most get a light dose or asymptomatic if young, but if you get a bad dose, watch out!!!

Did any of them die?

Actually I know one who died, my friends father, who was already elderly with fairly advanced dementia. But it was still devastating as nobody from the family could talk to him properly or visit him before he died.
(covid is estimated to have killed up to 27,000 people in care homes in the UK out of total population of 330,000 at any one time, that was pretty shocking to me).

I think Welcome is deliberately missing my point. Most healthy individuals do not fear for their life when getting a bad dose of the flu. With covid…you really have a chance of dying and can require hospitalisation, the symptoms also can linger for weeks and months.

Source not the Fake Media or crappy Internet Memes, but my friends and acquaintances.

2 Likes

I’m not dismissing that it’s a worse than a normal flu strain. But if you’re not elderly and don’t have a serious co-morbidity factor, you have something like a 99.96% chance of surviving.

Whenever I see this claim (in the context of the coronavirus being some kind of hoax/fake news), it reminds me of the claims that George Floyd’s death was attributable to pre-existing cardiovascular issues, rather than a policeman kneeling on his neck for 8 minutes.

As though we should all be going about life in 100% health without any problems at all times, lest someone needs to choke us for 8 minutes or inadvertently sneezes near us in the office, and if that’s not the case and there’s a bad outcome it’s our own stupid fault for not being in perfect health.

1 Like

It’s a terrible thing for anyone to die. My grandfather died with dementia some years ago, he died from the (normal) flu. We weren’t allowed to visit either. I didn’t feel too bad because he most likely wouldn’t have recognized us anyhow.

Well I would have to look into the stats. I believe the stats say that the chance of dying increases rapidly in overloaded healthcare systems. Also death rates have come down as more young people and better treatments have emerged. But if 10,000 people get covid at the same time in a city, that death rate will spike again dramatically ,also if it transmits back into an older profile population. Covid is far more transmissible than any flu strain, pretty much everybody will get infected and the numbers will skyrocket without effective social distancing and measures in hospitals and nursing homes.