😷 COVID - Canada | Canada Opens Tourism to Travellers - Vaccine Reqs. to End

Yeah PCR test to return to Canada. So this one is on Canadian Border Services.

Wonder what happens if a Canadian gets COVID and tests positive before returning to Canada? That doesn’t sound great . . .

Guy

You go to quarantine!

But you can get the PCR test in Canada, and then go to the border, do your shopping or whatever and return.

Except you have now possibly have contracted Corona and wasted C$200.

Free in the USA.

200 euro in Finland.

No they’re not free.

I met an older couple this weekend. They were hitting the border on Monday to head down to Arizona for the winter. It seems like a lot of “snowbirds” are planning on doing that so I guess the PCR test to come back doesn’t bother them much since they’re staying for so long.

If you have proof of a positive test in the last 180 days you don’t need the PCR test.

Wanna bet? I just got them last Thursday.

It’s covered by insurance, and if you don’t have insurance it’s covered by the government.

1 Like

Theres a fun twist. USA doing something health related cheaper than the world. Pretty cool.

One would think countries would take testing more serious given their extreme responses to this virus…not that an over priced pcr test every 180 days isnt a fantastic way of securing your borders haha.

1 Like

Perhaps in your state. This isn’t the case in Western New York.

Perhaps they are aware of hoards on Ontarians who would descend upon them seeking buffalo wings, Trader Joe’s, or other desired goods! lol

Guy

PS I don’t actually know if there is a Trader Joe’s in upstate New York. If there was, and I was there, I would visit it.

Ah naww, that’s Wegman’s and Tops, or as the Buffalonians call it, TAAPS.

I’d never heard of trader joes, I thought it was another First Nations tax-exempt store cause they gotta place called Smokin’ Joe’s.

While it may be possible to get a free test, in a thread about Canadians invading touring the US, a test that takes 1-2 days is not going to cut it since a hotel would meet or exceed the cost of getting a half hour test.

Only one day and already there are loud calls to end PCR testing.

No doubt vigorously opposed to by the Pathologist Lobby who have made a Motza out of COVID-19.

and how long does it take?

You have a point. Supposed to get results in two days (the antigen results came right away). But it’s been 4 and I haven’t gotten the PCR results.

I’m going to cancel my trip since I can’t give my boss a telewrok location.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes