😷 COVID - Canada | Canada Opens Tourism to Travellers - Vaccine Reqs. to End

Argh. Not traveling until July, so I guess it’s foolish for me to worry at this stage.

Any border changes seem kind of pointless. Omicron is already all over Canada, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yep. And they won’t acknowledge they keep failing at their job.

1 Like

Who knows, maybe if canada keeps slippin down the moron slope (officially) , we might not need care about renouncing citizenship to become taiwanese anymore… frankly, it would be a no brainer if we didnt have the china problem here.

Though taiwan seems to have gotten a memo or something recently as well, not looking great here either…hopefully its corrected.

I have family in Canada that I like to keep ties with. So I would keep it regardless of politics.

1 Like

Ooops…

3 Likes

I get the desire to slow down movement across international lines, but really this is a bit like recommending to close the barn door (sort of, not really) after the horse—in this case, the Omicron variant—has already bolted in. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

You know things must be bad when the US issues a “do not travel” advisory to your country because you have too much COVID. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

Sometimes its healthy for us Canucks to have our egos taken down a notch. Sad that it needed to happen with peoples lives.

I keep getting “reports” from family and friends in Canada about how many new cases here and there. My mom has been talking about thousands a day for what seems like 2 years. And a few days ago she said since the beginning has 20,000…and they keep complaining about letting americans in. Ironically they dont see the issue that they shat on Trump wanting to block Chinese from entering in the beginning haha.

Sometimes i wonder if canada needs a little more china in their lives and just ban the country from using facebook. Yumpin yimminy.

3 Likes

Canadian Siri

1 Like

They should look in the mirror.

Looking after our interests?

2 Likes

Canada to the US is structurally like Taiwan to China. The big neighbours are there for folks to say: Damn thank goodness we’re not like that!

Guy

The hell is that graph about?

1 Like

The old country is on the black list too, yet we get weekly cruises full of unvaccinated/sick tourists from the North. Not even the crew discloses they are sick until they get kicked off port.

But it is only the flu…and money comes first.

Or less.

1 Like

Or not. I gamble with many things but in this case, the odds are not in my favor. And in choosing to gamble, you are making the choice for others who may or may not agree.

But yeah, we third world brown people are used to others making life/death decisions for us. As per course. So in come the unvaccinated cruises with positive cases and anti vax tourists who benefit from socialized medical treatment.

To make it clear: I was being sarcastic when I mocked it was just the flu. One more time: flu does not turn your lungs to Jello. Nor causes strokes and permanent damage in young previously health not fat but sporty folk.

If you have a connecting flight in Canada, expect delays like in the early 00’s. The Minister himself has said the situation will persist for weeks.

Video:

1 Like

Update:

:wall:

2 Likes

It was like this in December as well. My mum was right to drive me 5 hours ahead to the airport.

2 Likes