Covid vaccines for children?

4 Likes

No. I have a nephew in the US with a reading disability. Tested very high on the IQ test, excels in every other subject but reads horribly. During Covid his therapy sessions were cancelled and he wasn’t getting his extra reading classes when they were online. Now, he’s being forced to redo a grade

7 Likes

Suffer the little children

So now “affected” (duh!) means “leads to illiteracy.”

The leaps here are quite extraordinary.

Guy

1 Like

The problem is that you can’t predict how kids will react. Some are going to lose confidence, give up and never recover. That’s not necessarily being illiterate, but it’s just as debilitating.

3 Likes

Do you have children?

Are your kids suddenly illiterate?

We all want kids to succeed. No one is objecting to that obvious point. How about we properly support teachers and fund schools to help kids along?

I hope at least you can agree with this point.

Guy

The level of ignorance and denial in your posts is really what is “quite extraordinary.”

Study after study confirms the point raised.

5 Likes

My child isn’t illiterate.

Why would I not agree with your second point? I’m not sure how it’s relevant.

2 Likes

It’s not. No amount of funding can replace a school that has closed down for a year or two. And, it affects the youngest severely:

"The youngest children have been most affected by lockdowns and closures during the Covid pandemic, with new research finding that the educational progress and social development of four- and five-year-olds suffered severely during their first year at school.

“For many children the experience of lockdown was made harder by cramped living conditions, no access to green spaces, parental mental health difficulties and financial hardship. On starting school, they had to contend with the disruption caused by Covid-19 restrictions only to then go back into another lockdown after just one term of schooling,” the researchers concluded.

Teachers who spoke to the researchers said the disruption had left some infants with “low self-esteem and confidence”, and that more children than previously “feel overwhelmed” by learning. ‘Empathy isn’t there’: the pandemic effects on children’s social skills
Read more (‘Empathy isn’t there’: the pandemic effects on children’s social skills | UK news | The Guardian)

So, as noted above by @topofan, these lockdown-induced problems will hit us down the track. It is not only educational outcomes and kids’ social development. We also have lockdown-induced hunger and poverty, which obviously spells disaster for kids as well:

“For example, citing research conducted by the Australian National University and Kings College, London, Oxfam is warning that global poverty is rising for the first time in 30 years. It has estimated that between 400 to 600 million people will be pushed into poverty in developing countries as a result of the great lockdown. Over one-third of these new poor will be in some of the least developed countries in Sub-Sahara Africa and South Asia. Because of rising poverty, the UN World Food Program has warned that the number of people suffering from acute hunger could easily double this year.”

And for kids specifically:

“This means in less than two years, an additional 100 million children have plunged into poverty.

5 Likes

In the first months only they were a bit stricter, but way less than the rest of Europe. The main difference was that no one promoted it as a model for others to follow and rightfully said that covid is in no way so dangerous as to make those lockdowns reasonable.

Switzerland was very open except in the first 2 months (however also during that time a little bit less locked down than its neighbours).

In Norway for example skifields never closed. I think even indoor sports were never stopped.

The main limitations in Sweden and Norway were stop of alcohol sales to varying degrees (as many restaurants closed because they didn’t see how to make profit without selling alcohol)

1 Like

I recall someone from the CECC claiming that Moderna has completed safety trials for 6+ years, hence the new recommendation. Moderna’s website suggests this isn’t true. And even if it were true, “we reckon it won’t kill your kid” is hardly a sensible basis for injecting up to - what? - 1 million kids with it.

The CECC also need to come up with some plausible explanation for the oft-heard claim that there are “growing numbers of children with severe infections”, since it didn’t happen anywhere else on the planet, and the reported stats don’t seem to paint any such picture.

5 Likes

A short summary from Thursday’s US congressional hearing where Fauci is questioned by senator Rand Paul. The key takeouts -

1. There do not appear to be any studies that have been done on children to show if hospitalisations or death are reduced from having a booster dose. Fauci cannot provide any evidence/studies

2. Paul quotes the US CDC, Israel study and VAERS showing the risk of Myocarditis from the vaccine, amongst 12-24 year old boys, is 80 in 1 million vs the normal/control rate of 2 in 1 million. Fauci does not refute this.

3. Fauci is also unable to provide the data on deaths/hospitalisations (if any) of children who have contracted Covid for a second time; the question being do children who have been previously infected have strong natural immunity….

What is particularly concerning and misleading from Fauchi is he tries to respond to questions about data on children by highlighting data on adults. It is difficult to take anything from this hearing other than that the CDC does not have sufficient/full data on vaccine effectiveness amongst children to be making the decisions it is……

4 Likes

I’ve noticed a lot of people do that.

2 Likes

Do you have figures and studies to back these claims?

It’s quite a strong statement to say that vaccines have a net negative effects. If any study showed this then they would have banned by now (as what happened with J&J).

For people who get vaccine-related myocarditis, 95% recover. This study says there are only 8 vaccine-related myocarditis deaths reported in the USA, which doesn’t sound like “the numbers are high”:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41569-021-00662-w

Here is some more info. There is a study. The antibodies went up in 30 children. Thirty. Just in case you thought I missed off some zeros.

2 Likes

Yeah. I saw that JC video. And even if Pfizer were to conduct more extensive tests, the questions posed in my YouTube clip remain unanswered - ie, are hospitalisation and deaths amongst children reduced by taking the booster? That is the more important question, as opposed to whether or not antibody levels are boosted.

My other question with the antibody levels - if around 95% (according to UK government data…USA is maybe a little lower) of children have antibodies, why do they need a booster?!

There is also something fundamentally wrong with the US healthcare system when a drug company, rather than the government/health authority, is allowed to issue press releases regarding the efficacy of its drugs……its a bit like teachers allowing their kids to mark their own homework……

2 Likes

There isn’t even a single study supporting the idea that vaccination saves lifes. They all build up on the assumption of counting people who die of covid and nothing else. No total mortality!
It’s crazy enough that this causality is forcing so many people into accepting some crap without knowing the overall consequences…

The data we have so far from mRNA studies had higher (though basically 0/0) deaths in the vaccinated group.
And doctors worldwide were pushed into declaring death’s and health problems as unrelated to vaccinations. There are countless documented cases about this.

However knowing that the vaccination likely has a net positive effect in the above 55 group, and seemingly no overall change in mortality, it can be causated that there must be groups for which the vaccination is bet negative. So far young very sportive males seem to be the most affected from that crapshot.

2 Likes

If they had been any other type of medication they absolutely would have been banned. There isn’t any drug in history that has racked up as many adverse events (per million) as the COVID vaccines collectively - not even close. But there was far too much riding on this one, wasn’t there?

Just run the numbers yourself for under 25s. It’s astoundingly obvious that there is no benefit to justify the risk. Then try it for older age groups - you’ll see nothing but shades of grey. If you don’t have adequate background to do this then you also won’t have adequate background to evaluate the studies you’re asking for.

Myocarditis is not the one and only risk of vaccination, but the authorities have highlighted that one because (a) it was impossible to ignore when various independent researchers flagged it up and (b) they could come up with a vaguely-plausible “yes, those kids end up in hospital, but they walk out alive” justification. Nevermind the fact that the vaccines were (after it became obvious that they didn’t prevent infection) supposed to keep people out of hospital.

3 Likes

Rand Paul is an insufferable prat, but I’ll give him full marks for relentlessly going after that lying scumbag Fauci. If Paul weren’t doing this, Fauci probably would have got away with a lot worse than he actually did.

It’s just a pity we don’t have someone equivalent going after Chen Shi Zhong and his cronies.

1 Like