Cricket World Cup

SA are noted for floundering when the pressure is on, but do not think Sundays loss can be put down solely on pressure . .
For me the match was lost in the 9th over of the morning, when Smith decided to take Peterson out the attack, cannot udnerstand why!!
Peterson,
1 st Over: 2 Wickets
2nd Over: 1 Wicket
3rd Over: Maiden
4th Over: Maiden

The english were struggling to play him, and he was bowling a spell from hell, but smith pulls him out and goes to a seam attack which allowed trott and bopara to settle. Then brings back peterson in like over 25 or so, for me, absolute poor captaincy.

SA needs a captain with balls, and someone to captain on the situation, not always revert back to the ‘norm’
Until we find a captain who can make the bold decisions, and make the plays, the world cup trophy is but a distant dream.

Canada beat Kenya! Wow! I might have to learn what cricket is all about if my countrymen are going to be contenders… :laughing: :canada:

Don’t get too excited! :wink:

Seriously, good luck to your boys! Well played. :bravo:

I read that NZ got 92 off the last 4 overs against Pakistan! :astonished: That must have been pretty spectacular.

Pakistan looked pretty awful, or perhaps, New Zealand made them look awful. Either way, they played like a third rate high school team. Good one for the Black Caps. :bravo:

Edit: Here are the Forumosa Cricket Club logs for Rounds 4 and 5. Sorry I haven’t updated regularly, had some issues to deal with. I’ll get around to it sometime later today, tomorrow or Friday.

Round 4

Round 5

Pakistan fans look away now :laughing: .

dailymotion.com/video/xhg7q8_nzpk4

Absolute carnage. Shoaib Akhtar bowling full toss after full toss. Don’t mention irregular betting patterns. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

Bangladesh!!!

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket … 421100.stm

And England now may be going home early.

An utter travesty that the Poms got a tie with India. :bluemad:

They’ve pretty much crashed and burned at this CWC. Will be interesting to see what they do against SA.

Wooohoooo! Brilliant, South Africa. Simply brilliant! :notworthy: :bravo:

Awesome result. Made them think they were in there, and smashed them in the last two overs. :thumbsup:

Bit close for comfort though, but I’ll take it.

India did a fine job giving the game away…Dhoni should’ve been the man of the match, he contributed greatly to SA’s victory :laughing:

Good game SA :thumbsup:

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Round 7 results:
India v South Africa - South Africa won by 3 wickets (with 2 balls remaining)
Canada v New Zealand - New Zealand won by 97 runs
Australia v Kenya - Australia won by 60 runs
Bangladesh v Netherlands - Bangladesh won by 6 wickets (with 52 balls remaining)
Pakistan v Zimbabwe - Pakistan won by 7 wickets (with 23 balls remaining) (D/L method)

Forumosa Cricket Club Log after round 7

Only Stripe, Elf and myself managed to correctly predict all the winners of round seven and secure a vital bonus point. Stripe steals the Yellow Cap :bravo: and Elf secures the top spot on the log for another round. So, Elf and I remain first and second respectively, with Lyndfield moving up from 4th to 3rd, Stripe moves from 7th to 4th, Matchstick falls from 3rd to 5th, jimi falls from 5th to 6th, Almas falls from 6th to 7th, Theman and Frikkie remain unchanged at 8th and 9th respectively.

Fixtures for Round 8:
Ireland v South Africa
Australia v Canada
England v West Indies
Ireland v Netherlands
New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Group A

N Zealand 8
Pakistan 8
Sri Lanka 7
Australia 7
Zimbabwe 2
Canada 2
Kenya 0

Group B

India 7
West Indies 6
South Africa 6
Bangladesh 6
England 5
Ireland 2
Netherlands 0

SA just got the wicket of Kevin O’Brian, with Ireland slumping for 92-5. Seeing as SA got 272-7, I reckon Ireland is well fooked.

Oops! As I was writing this another wicket fell. Make that 92-6.

Edit: Ireland 107-7

Edit x 2: Ireland 123-8

Edit x 3: Ireland 141 all out. South Africa is the first side from group B into the quarter finals. :bravo:

Can England sneak it? Get though via the back door?

Managed to win by 18 runs. Skin of the teeth stuff.

never boring watching England … apart from when they play football.

Iesh, the top of the SB pool is getting tight now. Are we in for a photo finish again?

It’s always more exciting that way. :thumbsup:

For lunch we were at a classy restaurant and ofcourse they had TV screens, the captain, waiters, water boys, basically the whole staff was congregated around the screens. The service was fine, but they didn’t take their eyes off the screens, like they knew the drill by heart and the best part was, not one angry customer!! Everyone understands that cricket comes first :slight_smile: and it was Bangladesh playing at 36 for 5…imagine a Pak vs India game :loco: