Curry and Cultural Appropriation

Where was the chicken from again

2 Likes

This is getting a bit chicken and egg.

1 Like

“that’s not fried chicken, what is that gloop on it, where are the biscuits”

1 Like

I think you’ll find they came from South Wales…

1 Like

No they didn’t. Unless you think tea and tobacco and sugar came from England too. The Queen is German though.

Colonel Saunders wasn’t even a real colonel. This rabbit hole goes deep.

4 Likes

I’d hazard a guess @tempogain knows that. He probably means potatoes were brought to Ireland from England. Apparently they were brought from Wales. I thought Sir Walter Raleigh brought them to Cork.

EDIT: I searched and it looks most likely that Spanish fishermen introduced them to Ireland. You live and learn.

I would never assume that :grin:
As the famous fake Irish proverb says one of the two things you don’t joke about is potatoes.

1 Like

No, from the Andes! I was following BD’s thought, it would be as if potatoes came from England, because that style of fried chicken comes from the US (I think).

1 Like

Sanders. Colonel Saunders is a whole other jar of mustard.

3 Likes

A pedant writes…

Check this guy out. A true American patriot.

2 Likes

Harland David Sanders. I have wiki power!

How does one become a colonel without any military service?

1 Like

He was a Kentucky Colonel. Awarded by the governor of Kentucky.

Like Tom Parker? He wasn’t even American!

Well he was a Louisiana colonel but pretty much.

They dish these gongs out to anyone.

1 Like

We did make Jeffrey Archer a lord, so glass houses.

“‘Seriously??? Do you not think they were speaking metaphorically “looking in people’s windows”? She ended up with a tortilla recipe she developed herself and she puts french fries in them. Such cultural appropriation,’ another said.”

Wow, wow, wow, she developed a burrito with French fries, wow! How did she get the recipe for the French fries? She’s lucky it weren’t Belgian fries.

Anyways, to the point of food culture appropriation in Taiwan. 99% of restaurants that serve western food, be it German, Italian or any other should close down! Most of them never set a foot in Europe or were there just on a holiday, had some good stuff to eat and thought it would be a good idea to start something similar in Taiwan.

And what is the other?