Danshui Living

First i’ve heard of this piece of shit, taiwan doesn’t hold back in its nuclear approach to construction, eh?

Any ideas on what the new bridge is supposed to accomplish? Make it easier to get from Taoyuan to Tamsui? I wonder if it’ll increase or decrease traffic going along red line.

Plenty of discussion about that already in the thread @tango42 linked to above.

1 Like

Will certainly make going to the airport easier. Bali has a number of new developments and will be served by the LRT. Hope they extend the LRT to the airport and Linkou

4 Likes

Took the bali way back from airport on night that I had time to waste, it would for sure make it quicker and nicer. Seriously underserved area although close enough to the main metropolitan area.

Certainly true, especially when thought of as “on the back side of Sanchong” or “farther from Taipei than Wugu.”

It does however have more potential than that!

Guy

1 Like

I’m assuming better links from Keelung/Jilong to the airport

Edit: my geography is fuckin shit. I may as well have said Tokyo

3 Likes

However, I think I’ve heard about better linking Keelung and the Port of Taipei across the river there?

Another thing I think the light rail is going to extend across to Bali.

1 Like

Coastal road has too many traffic lights to be an efficient route. And I really hope the government discourages using it by large trucks.

5 Likes

Anyone else hearing loud continuous bangs in Danshui? I’m located just on the north side of the Taiwan golf and country club.
Perhaps some kind of military drills?

I’ve heard this but I’m wondering if they’re planning on closing the loop before the bridge us finished

Your sense of self-reflection is impressive. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Do you mean from Fisherman’s Wharf to Tamsui station?

I think it isn’t going to happen soon. Some resistance from residents. Not sure if some building demolition is required too.

In my opinion, they could demolish the entire area around the metro station.

This article from September 2020 is the most recent news in English I can find (“Oh, people are annoyed, we’ll reconsider”) - but there must be something more recent out there.

1 Like

Hi There!

I’m planning on moving to Taiwan this fall, and I’m really passionate about living in Tamsui. I searched the usual job boards, but I couldn’t find any posts located in this area (for English Teaching). I figured I would drop a line here - would love to meet new people and network. Do any of you know anybody who is hiring, who will be hiring this fall, or do you have any other advice for me?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I’m new myself in Danshui, moved here just over a week ago, also would like to meet more people in the area. Not sure if there are any good regular events to join here, would be great to get to know more people and network a bit. Anyways free to get in touch with me. Have you found a place to live yet?

1 Like

Cool Rob nice to make your acquaintance! I have not yet found an apartment since I won’t be there for a few more months, but I already started browsing on 591 and saw some units I’m OBSESSED With!

^^^ Obsessed! How cute!!!

How do you like living in the area so far? Is the local public transportation up to your standards?

I’ll say I’m living in danhai new town and there are a ton of foreigners moving in lately. Im convinced tamsui is set to become the new foreigner hotspot due to the low rents, modern buildings, proximity to the ocean, beautiful scenery, access to nature, and being close to some big companies like Asus. I think once they complete the light rail loop and the bridge, things will develop rapidly

4 Likes

Thanks for the intel!

Well shucks. I had this idea in my head that it wouldn’t be a desirable location for foreigners because it’s so far from the city center, but you’re the second person to tell me something quite the contrary.

That’s cool that ASUS is in the area, I had no idea! I wonder if they need an in house English teacher for their corporate staff :eyes: