Discriminatory job advertisement on forumosa

Call them. I have a contact in the Development (or something) department xD

I just sent them an e-mail thing. We’ll see

1 Like

Somebody needs to work on his pickup lines. Maybe Explorer Nick is available for coaching. :grin:

1 Like

Hahaha.

Yeah, I haven’t practiced much in the last many years.

What? Legally you need to be a translator for 2 years before being allowed to be a translator?

To get a work permit in Taiwan.

Yes, that’s why I had to work on a teaching visa when I was a translator years ago. Shhhh…

English Spanish?

Moo-English

1 Like

Meh English is my thing.

The government also considers that translation into English is not something that it is impossible to find a Taiwanese to do.

1 Like

I got some rather non-committal feedback from the Labor Ministry today. They said such situations would have to be evaluated on a case by case basis, and could be reported with company details to local gvmt. labor or social services units.

您好:107年6月22日的電子郵件已收到。
一、查就業服務法第5條第1項規定:「為保障國民就業機會平等,雇主對求職人或所僱用員工,不得以種族、階級、語言、思想、宗教、黨派、籍貫、出生地、性別、性傾向、年齡、婚姻、容貌、五官、身心障礙或以往工會會員身分為由,予以歧視;其他法律有明文規定者,從其規定。」又該項後段「其他法律有明文規定者,從其規定。」係指立法機關通過、總統公布之法、律、條例或通則,及法律授權明確之法規命令等明文規定。只要受僱於本國雇主或企業,無論本國人抑或外國人皆有上開法條之適用,合先敘明。
二、來函所述,「外國人從事就業服務法第四十六條第一項第一款至第六款工作資格及審查標準」第42條第1項第3款規定是否違反禁止就業歧視相關規定乙節,查前開標準應屬就業服務法第5條第1項後段之「其他法律有明文規定者」,惟雇主於徵才時,限制外籍教師國籍等情,是否違反就業服務法第5條第1項相關禁止就業歧視規定,仍應據個案事實釐清認定。
三、如仍有其他勞工法令疑義或認事業單位有違反上開法令情事,請您詳載事業單位名稱、地址並敘明詳情逕向事業單位所在地之勞工行政主管機關(縣市政府勞工或社會局、處)請求協處或申訴,以維權益。
勞動部 敬復

They do say clearly though that ESA Act 5 applies to foreigners and locals equally.

2 Likes

Will this forum set any rule against discriminatory ads or does nothing until authority says it’s discriminatory to a certain ad?

Let us think about that a bit, but if the law applies to foreigners equally I think that’s a strong point for setting a rule.

1 Like

禁止就業歧視適用範圍的保護對象為何?
https://www.mol.gov.tw/service/19851/19854/19875/14726/

1 Like

“Specialized and technical work” covers many jobs, but if a company or other entity runs an unregistered or incorrectly registered de facto buxiban (according to the legal definition), the government can fine it to death.

I sent an inquiry to MOE about the restriction nationalities of English teachers on recruitment announce by public schools. They clearly said the requirement is a passport from a country whose official language is english and it is not limited to 6 or 7 countries. They also said MOE should be responsible to supervise local governments so they will ask to the local authority to investigate the situation and do what they should do.

So, I think limitation of nationalities on the ads of English teaching positions on this forum should be removed.

3 Likes

Can you post that or PM it to me?

20190521_164649

3 Likes

MOFA still not putting nail in the coffin on which nationalities are kosher or not for teaching English here.
I take India, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia becoming OK-ish now?
What about Nigeria, Pakistan, Jamaica, Belize, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania or Gambia.

Referencing wikipedia, quite a lot countries that officially adopt English as their official language.