National Geographic Channel
Star Chinese Channel
Star Movies
Star Movies Gold
Star World
Star Entertainment Channel
Star Chinese Movies HD
Star Movies HD

Can’t we keep anything in Taiwan. TV already sucks.

Note: Maybe I mentioned this B4.

2 Likes

Looks like this is about satellite and broadcast, not streaming

1 Like

It’s about Disney removing content that MOD or Cable or satellite companies carry so if people want those channels they then need to sign up for Disney plus streaming. Disney are losing a lot of money worldwide. This is all about streaming, and forcing people to sign up to Disney plus streaming if they want to see these channels.

3 Likes

Yes, that was my understanding. So we can keep these things in Taiwan.

Makes sense. All of these are on Disney+ already. Do people under 60 even still watch cable/satellite TV nowadays?

(No offense to @Satellite_TV)

2 Likes

Why would I be offended? People are now spending more buying netflix disney plus amazon etc than what cable or satellite cost for these same channels before. lol

1 Like

I used to get so excited over cable tv or satellite tv and the channels they offered. Since reaching adulthood I completely lost interest in tv.

There’s only a handful of shows I watch and that list is getting smaller.

I used to remember my dad talking about how he was excited about color tv.

1 Like

why is Disney losing money? I can see that their stock price is down quite a bit recently. do you think they can recover? Might be a good time to pick up some Disney stock at a discount…

anyway, I got Disney+ for “free” when I signed up for a particular internet package a couple years back, virtually the same price as the internet package I already had, but more data and Disney+ , so I have it, but I don’t really feel like I’m paying for it.

Maybe it’s ron desantis causing drama in Florida for some reason, or it’s part of it?

Has nothing to do with DeSantis.

I remember my grandma watching the snooker world championship on a black and white tv. When my mom bought her a colored set, I could see on her face she thought it was the dog’s bollocks.

I heard of a color called tv yellow.

Basically in the days of black and white tv a white guitar would look weird, and so the guitar was painted this specific yellow so it looked better in a black and white tv set.

Also color tv signals are transmitted using the same method a black and white tv signal was transmitted. I don’t remember the specifics as it almost sounded like magic.

Because they’ve ruined the Star Wars and Marvel franchises by making them overly woke, overly CGI, overly formulaic bores and now they’re losing tons of money.

I guess snooker is watchable on a black and white TV because most the balls are all the same color anyway. Pool would be a bit harder to watch.

I don’t think most people would have any problems with woke TV content, but I agree with the CGI part. Best decision Disney made was to use a traditional puppet for Baby Yoda.

1 Like

Maybe it’s time to cancel MOD, get fiber and only use streaming.

Explain ‘woke’.

The Star Wars series are hit or miss. I thought Andor was fucking awesome. Book of Boba Fett was trash. Obi-wan was just okay. or are you referring to the movies?

3 Likes

Ask @DrewC. He brought it up.

Yeah. Andor and Rogue One are the only Star Wars products under the Disney regime that I think have been great. Maybe the first season or so of Mandalorian too, but now that’s fallen off a cliff quality wise.

3 Likes