Divorce and Visa consequences - Enjoy the happy moments in life

20 posts were split to a new topic: Public insult and defamation

:banana:. Bist Du in Taipeh? Lass Mal n Bier trinken gehen.

Fu*k. Are you in Taipei? Letā€™s get a beer.

As far as I remember, and how I got my gold card: if the yearly salary including Bonuses is OK, itā€™s fine. Donā€™t need to have the base salary on itā€™s own meet the limit.

2 Likes

With the quick change of attitude I canā€™t help but wonder if there is a bun in the oven from the other guy.

4 Likes

Ja bin ich. Gerne!

1 Like

Why sigh when you can just be happy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ha! I still can edit, only 19h ago.

there may be a statute of limitation to bring a divorce due to her adultery to court. Iā€™m not sure how the clock is ticking, but Iā€™d ask to a lawyer about this.

It is possible that she would change her mind while you are waiting for your APRC. If you cannot use her adultery for a divorce, and she refuses a divorce, you would need extra time to get divorced.

You may also need to make sure that you can renew your ARC without problems.

1 Like

Reinvent yourself and donā€™t look back. Youā€™re 23. You have your whole life in front of you.

Back on topicā€¦ ahem (soz)

My only (non-legal) advice would be to not let this event put a cloud over everything else that you have going in your life, itā€™ll work out, whether it be Taiwan or otherwise. Iā€™ve had stuff happen in my life which has taken away some things I loved which was out of my control and I was a bit stuck with a combination of bitterness and inability to move on. Itā€™s early days yet but however it must be, new doors always open, donā€™t stand in the threshold of the old ones (Iā€™m bad with metaphors)

Some solid advice from fellow forumosaā€™s here :+1:

Yeah, looking back on when I was 23ā€¦ all my plans for life then have completely changed since then and Iā€™m not even 30 yet.

My only warning is that NIA will come aā€™knocking when you renew your ARC to make sure that your marriage is legit. So thereā€™s that if youā€™re looking to stay married for the sake of your residency.

do nai accept a transcript of HHR as a proof of your marriage, or do they request spouseā€™s national ID card?

I guess a transcript is good, but can you get your spouseā€™s hhr transcript without spouseā€™s national ID?

I renewed and changed my marriage based ARC multiple times. Nobody ever visited us or asked questions.
But we have kids and NIA might do that only if they have some suspicion for marriage fraud.

2 Likes

Something to remember whether you apply for a gold card or not: the definition of wage (å·„č³‡) is broad. With a few exceptions, if it comes from your employer automatically or as a reward for reaching a predetermined target, whether itā€™s called a bonus, an allowance, or any other name, the government will classify it as wage (and not make a distinction between that and salary).

1 Like

Same here. Never a visit, never any questions.

Yeah, Iā€™ve never heard of that happening. Maybe if you piss someone off and they make a complaint?

1 Like

Can you get your spouseā€™s HHR transcript without her ID?

I found you can get HHR transcript as a spouse, so you donā€™t need to worry about this.

I was visited a few years ago, but I wasnā€™t in.

They never came back.

2 Likes

Everyone I know on a spousal-based visa has been visited by NIA. Sometimes really rude NIA officers go knocking on their neighborā€™s doors when they show up unannounced and no one answers at the address on the ARC/HHR. (imagine that, you showed up unannounced). Makes the neighbors think thereā€™s an immigration problem when the reality is itā€™s genuinely a routine check.

I also know someone from Macau who married a Taiwanese just to get residency. The Taiwanese was one of those who lives with the entire extended family. Naturally didnā€™t tell anyone about the sham marriage. NIA came aā€™knocking and the Macau person was deported and the Taiwanese fined an enormous sum of money.

Maybe I have a bad sample sizeā€¦

This is really odd because nobody I know on a spousal-based visa has had a visit from the NIA, and I know a lot.

Maybe itā€™s location specific? Iā€™m in Taoyuan.

Now that you mention it, all of those cases were when I lived in Kinmen, so Iā€™m sure the NIA literally had nothing else to do all day.

1 Like